What's new

Night Stalker ongoing thread (now cancelled) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, apparently it is grabbing you somewhere :)

At about this time in the season I start looking at how motivated I am to watch the shows that I have recorded. I've been skipping over Night Stalker and Threshold to watch other things. This will ultimately lead to my removing them from the list.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So, in the end, did

the demon jump into the cop's son, and the demon-possessed cop's son killed Justin? That's what I got out of Kolchak's statement about the body being left where his son could find it. Makes sense--I don't think you can kill a demon by killing the host.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I'm some what dissappointed with this show. Its more Mulder & Sully than Kolchak. I like the solo Kolchak & narration of the old show. They should have called the show Night StalkerS.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I thought the use of surrounds in this episode was pretty dang good. Some creepy moments with the whispering stuff swooshing around the back of the room.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I've been taping them but I'm way behind, I think I need to watch the last three episodes. I can't wait for the inevitable Darin Morgan episode(s).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have them all taped but I've only gotten a chance to watch one episode so far.

For fans of The X-Files, I guess Frank Spotnitz called some old friends because Vince Gilligan is writing an upcoming episode and god among men Darin Morgan (!) is also writing one too.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
This show is losing me. I hope to hold on longer. I really wanted to see it succeed but I doesn't seem anything like the old series. Even the Paranormal aspects of the show have been a disappointment.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
www.thefutoncritic.com has a story that ABC has cancelled "Night Stalker". Double episodes of Primetime Live will be shown.
While, I understand them canceling the show for poor ratings. This weeks episode was the conclusion of a 2-parter. At least they could do is air the episode. They owe to the 3-4 million fans of the show who continued to watch. :angry:

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Well I guess it lost me for good. I'm kinda glad, the show was not very good.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It does suck that they aren't going to at least air this week's.

I thought the show had potential. There were one or two episodes that were actually really good. They probably should have given it a different name, though. This Carl Kolchak had nothing to do with the original. And, it's not like they could justify it by saying they were trying to make it closer to the source material. The original was exactly as Jeff Rice wanted it to be.

At any rate, it looks like we're in the John Doe boat again.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Lets not open that bitter can of worms. Doe was 10 times better and did well in the ratings. And the cliffhanger was the networks decision not the producers. :angry:

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I've been watching, but I don't really care that it was cancelled, either. I'd much rather watch the box set of the original anyway.

I wish ABC would have aired the second half of the two parter, though.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Wow! Didn't even last half as long as the original...

I gave up on this program a while ago, but kept a watch on this thread that I started in hopes that I would read that the show was actually gaining some steam. I feel bad for those of you who did like the program, who will not get to see the second part.

With so few episodes, perhaps they will show up on the Sci- Fi Channel soon...?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks