What's new

Night Stalker ongoing thread (now cancelled) (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Ah yes, that one scared the crap out of me as a kid as well. I remember the reel to reel tape recorder with the full tape reel spinning at the end.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I see that this premieres next Thursday, September 29th, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread in preparation.

While I don't hold a lot of faith in this series, I do admit a keen interest in the premiere. We shall see...

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Entertainment Weekly had an interesting article on the development of this show, worth reading even if you think the show is a bad idea. I didn't realize how long it takes to bring a show to the air. I also didn't realize the original show lasted less than one season.

I'm looking forward to it, mainly because of the subject matter. If you don't think it should be remade, just pretend it is a different show and the guy happens to be named Kolchak. It seems some are really just hung up on names- if the character & show had new names, would you be upset?

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Tonight's the night. 9:00 pm (PST) on ABC.

Hopefully this program will turn out to be real surprise. Galactica was...

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
The media reviews posted over at AICN tear Night Stalker apart and don't bother to put it back together, and given it's timeslot, don't expect it to last. Hell, ABC didn't give Miracles the shot it deserved...and I already have my monster-of-the-week fix with Supernatural anyway.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone check out the new "Night Stalker"? Semi-promising start, but I hope the production values were just cheap because it was a pilot. They never did really show the creature, and when I slowed it down to try and get a look, it seemed like basically a hand puppet (especially in the shower attack scene).

Also lots of blathering on about connections and "the mark," but nothing really about what these creatures were, or why they were attacking. There was some mention that the women were pregnant, but that was never really followed up.

And why did the creatures carry the girl back to the caves rather than just killing her?

Seemed like there were lots of plot threads that were never really tied together. But I'll give it a couple more episodes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I enjoyed it enough to tune in again. Not as good as the "pilot" movies for the original series, but I'll keep an open mind and take the new show on its own merits for now.

I'd rather have a shotgun than a cattle prod if I'm going into a cave full of creatures bigger than wolves, whether I'd used one before or not. I think the Supernatural guys would have been better prepared to rescue the girl, but they have been dealing with the weird stuff a lot longer than Kolchak. I think the rescue scene could have been better planned by the writer.

Since the theme is very similar to Supernatural, I wonder if it's going to come down to one or the other getting the audience. Maybe it won't matter so much since they're on different nights and networks. The vibe is very different in any case. This show seems to take things much more seriously, but it's hard to tell anything from one episode.

RickGr

Second Unit

Probaly because its the continuing story line for the season and if the answered everything in the first episode it would be cut wrap and see you later, no series just a one hour movie.

derek

Second Unit
My expectations weren't too high though I thought the show was a good start. Seems like the mark/missing wife storyline will be the major subplot at least through most of this first season, with the 'monster/creep' of the week filling in. Thought the cast was good. Liked the chemistry between Kolchak and Reed. The show for me seems to be a bit much on the horror/gore (next week's episode even moreso.)
I liked the tips to the original series. Seeing the McGavin clip brought a grin to my face. The whole idea of Kolchak involved in what's really happening and everyone else oblivious was part of the charm of the old series. Nice Mustang but it should be a CONVERTIBLE like in the old series. That's the way to go cruising through Las Vegas!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Well, the one good thing about this series...it got the original finally released on DVD next week. The nods to the original (the real Kolchak digitally inserted in one scene and the original hat in this Kolchak's office) only made me anticipate buying the original just that much more, some fine monster cheese just in time for Halloween!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have'nt watch this yet it's on the DVR but I'm assuming since

They digitally inserted Mcgavin then they are acknowleding this is a different guy ?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think the biggest thing that stood out was his house. How can he afford a place like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks