What's new

Pre-Order Night Passage (1957) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81-QWMfAkIL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the German Blu-ray that came out in 2017, so I might pick this up again during one of Kino's sales because of the bonus material. Hopefully, it has an improved video presentation. A personal favorite movie of mine from my childhood. Dan Duryea playing a baddie again with his friend James Stewart.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
The dulcet tones (?) of Jimmy Stewart warbling "You Can't Get Far Without a Railroad".
I'm looking forward to it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the German Blu-ray that came out in 2017, so I might pick this up again during one of Kino's sales because of the bonus material. Hopefully, it has an improved video presentation. A personal favorite movie of mine from my childhood. Dan Duryea playing a baddie again with his friend James Stewart.
I bought this Kino release during one of Target's "buy 2, get 1 free" sales. It arrived today on its release date and the video presentation looks beautiful and much better than my memory of the German Blu-ray. I need to compare the two discs when I get a chance, but I'm not sorry for buying this Kino Blu-ray. Also, a very informative audio commentary by Toby Roan.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I bought this Kino release during one of Target's "buy 2, get 1 free" sales. It arrived today on its release date and the video presentation looks beautiful and much better than my memory of the German Blu-ray. I need to compare the two discs when I get a chance, but I'm not sorry for buying this Kino Blu-ray. Also, a very informative audio commentary by Toby Roan.

Great to know, thanks!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
On second thought.:blush: After doing direct comparisons between the Kino and Koch Blu-rays, the difference isn't as much as I originally posted. IMO, the Kino disc looks better with a more vibrant image, but it's not as discernible of a difference as I thought. Also, the Kino disc has a slightly higher bitrate than the Koch BD. Sorry, another 20-25 minutes of comparing the two discs and this is all I can come up with. I'm still happy I bought this BD release as slightly better video and a good audio commentary is always welcome when it comes to favorite films, particularly, western movies.:)

John Skoda

Second Unit
The dulcet tones (?) of Jimmy Stewart warbling "You Can't Get Far Without a Railroad".
I'm looking forward to it.

I watched this last night, and it's really beautiful. I mostly bought it for the Technirama visuals and I wasn't disappointed. But I was really surprised at how often Stewart sings in this!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks