Night of Too Many Stars (Comedy Central)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else watch this? I was kinda disappointed. For the number of people they had, not many where very funny. I think the only bit that I really laughed out loud at was Steve Carell's 'cat meowing.'

Aside from the 'stars' the production itself was horid. I don't think I have ever heard so many audio problems in any live broadcast before. Mics left on, echos and delay echos from mics picking up the speakers audio, over modulation, too soft, too loud, it was all over the place. Live events are hard, but whomever was the audio engineer should be fired.

Even by telethon standards, it was pretty poor. At least they did raise a lot of money for Autism.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, not quite as funny as I expected. When you get names like Seinfeld, Ricky Gervais, Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, Jon Stewart, Steve Carell, Mike Myers and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog together it should be non-stop laughs, but that wasn't the case. I did get a kick out of Ferrell's Robert Goulet character and Gervais' line: "Steve Carell is going to come out next and do the exact same act, except he'll do it a little better and get paid a lot more."

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
punitatbsabo