What's new

Night of the Living Dead...not too good...heresy? (1 Viewer)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I think the only thing that has to be done is that the credits be preserved. But the lack of an actual copyright has led to Night's unique situation (I believe).

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

The law was different when NOTLD was released. At that time, in order to get copyright protection, all works had to be released with a copyright notice (e.g., (C) 2004 Damin J. Toell). If there was no notice, the work was automatically put into the public domain. In the case of NOTLD, the title card bore the copyright notice, as was customary at that time. However, the title was changed before release, and the new title card mistakenly lacked the copyright notice. Thus, the film went into the public domain.

Over the last few decades, the law has changed. Now, one does not need to put a copyright notice on a work or even register the copyright. Copyright protection is now automatic.

DJ

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
the way the new reports play in the background while Ben boards up the house. Neato stuff! Romero really did some great work on the minor details.

The thing I always found [rant]funny[/rant] was the way everyone, esp Cooper, calls the zombies "those things!".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks