Night of the Comet?!?!?!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jim Bivins, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins Stunt Coordinator

Who has it? When will we see it? This is an 80's classic, gotta have a DVD special edition of this one, just gotta!!!

Anyone else love this movie?

Jim

p.s. For that matter, where the hell is Alligator? These seem like PERFECT Anchor Bay or Elite titles!

2. Joe McCabe

Joe McCabe Second Unit

NOTC was released by Island Pictures back then, but I don't know who owns it now.

I too would love to have this one.

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I'd love this one on DVD as well. It would be great if Anchor Bay could get their hands on this 80's sci-fi film. They would probably do a fantastic special edition if they did.[​IMG]

4. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

Anchor Bay would be the only studio able to give us a decent DVD on this one. Would love it if they do....has always been one of my favorite B movies.

5. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

I'm not sure who owns it. It's gone from Atlantic Releasing Corporation to Island to who knows who else. CBS/FOX and Goodtimes have released tapes of it...

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Man, I was just thinking about this title a few weeks ago as I looked over an ancient list of films I'd taped off cable in the late '80's! This movie rocked with some heavy cheese! Gimme...

7. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    One of my favorite guilty pleasures from the 80s. It's right up there with "House". I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Regards,

8. Jonny R

Jonny R Agent

Night of the Creeps also.

9. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

Was this ever released on laserdisc?

10. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    I seem to remember a Paramount logo placed on the film the last time I saw it on cable (in the last two years.) Don't remember if it was at the beginning or end of the film or both. I don't know if this applies only to television rights or not. Perhaps Martin can shed some light on this. This would be great to have on DVD though.

Jon

11. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Hmmm. Better Off Dead was also a CBS/Fox title and is now in the Paramount camp, so maybe this title is as well?
    Maybe we should start to beg Mr. Blythe for this one, a la Better Off Dead? [​IMG]

12. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

For a short period, this was one of my favorite movies back in the 80's. The reason, of course, is what's-her-name, who starred in this and was also in The Last Starfighter. For a brief period, she was the hottest babe on the planet. I watched it recently, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. It was also quite amusing seeing Robert Beltran in it.

13. Matt Selaya

Matt Selaya Auditioning

I'm just giving this thread a little bump to see if anyone has heard any news about a potential release of Night of the Comet.