What's new

Night Hawks (stallone) Re-release (1 Viewer)

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I see that the 1981 Stallone/Hauer cop thriller Night Hawks is being re-released on May 11. I think the original was P&S. Any details on the new release? Will it be anamorphic widescreen this time?

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Regarding the music, the tracks in question are,
Keith Emerson's rendition of "I'm A Man" and the Rolling Stones' "Brown Sugar." These songs were present on the initial home video issues of the film, but were replaced with generic tracks for later home video releases.

Emerson's original score for the film has always been present on home video versions of the film.

-Jon

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is such a superb film. Highly underated.

I own the original GoodTimes release on DVD
and looking forward to this new anamorphic
treatment.

Wouter Heyse

Agent
Would anybody happen to know if this is the same version as the recently released R2 version? Cannot find any details on it, not even if the R2 version is anamorphic widescreen like the upcoming R1 disc. It's real cheap here, so I wouldn't mind buying it. But I haven't seen it in the shops, and I will import the R1 version if it's some botched P&S affair.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Once, when I was a tot, my family and I were stuck in traffic going over the Tri-borough Bridge (I think that's the one) and next to our car, suspended over the water (but in a big safety rig) the crew was filming NIGHT HAWKS on the Roosevelt Island Tram.

Always one of my favorite NY movies (but never as great as THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123, which also desperately needs an anamorphic DVD).

Keith, my man!

MC

MattHR

Screenwriter

The GoodTimes R1 was pan & scan with altered music. The recent R2 and R4 are both 1.85:1 anamorphic, but also have altered music.

So the big question remains: Will the upcoming R1 re-release from Universal contain the unaltered soundtrack? Here's hoping...:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks