What's new

Night Hawks (1981)- May 3, 2016 (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/action-adventure/nighthawks

product_images_modal_NighthawksCover72dpi__7B3f353499-1aad-44f1-9e5d-7260ab88e6a6_7D.jpg

Last edited:

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
There's a good German disc of this available in a Stallone boxset for peanuts although the 2 accompanying films ( can't recall their titles) aren't that good.
The transfer for Night Hawks is surprisingly good

cb1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
day 1! Man I love this movie. The disco stare down scene is awesome.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I never had the DVD but wasn't there music that was replaced?

I believe so. I think there was a first run DVD in fullscreen that had the original music?

Shout managed to get the correct music back into LOVE AT FIRST BITE. If they pull it off with this one I'll bite the bullet and grab it. I haven't seen it since the VHS days and always liked it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
A Shout insider at another forum just confirmed that the two missing songs (l'm a Man, and Brown Sugar) have been restored for this release. No word on deleted scenes, etc

That's good enough for me! They should confirm when they post it on their Facebook. Nothing there yet.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
A Shout insider at another forum just confirmed that the two missing songs (l'm a Man, and Brown Sugar) have been restored for this release. No word on deleted scenes, etc

Great news. I was really pissed off when these songs were removed from the DVD editions. The disco scene lost some of it's effectiveness with the music replacement.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry

There was an earlier German release of Night Hawks which was by all accounts upscaled and that seems to be the one in the captions.

This is the one I have.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00OYMZEOM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Oh, i see. Then I guess it resembles more the HDTV version?

I did buy it with a certain amount of trepidation because of the earlier release but having read of another fan buying it and saying it was a different transfer was enough.
It's not reference material but it's certainly a good enough Blu for a movie I've been wanting to watch again for a long time and at the price it seemed worth it.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Release date has been pushed back to October per email I received from Shout!: in the email it states "new opportunities have arisen" for bonus content and "This extra time will allow us to make sure our release of NIGHTHAWKS is as stacked with bonus features as possible". The current street date in the email is now Oct. 18th, but it says if you pre-ordered directly from Shout, you will get copies early, by Oct. 4th.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The Roosevelt Island Tramway celebrated its 40th birthday earlier this week. I doubt the city would allow filming of a NIGHTHAWKS-type scene these days.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
The Roosevelt Island Tramway celebrated its 40th birthday earlier this week. I doubt the city would allow filming of a NIGHTHAWKS-type scene these days.

That's one reason I like old movies -- they're little volumes of history, capturing things we'd likely never get a chance to see again.

I got a viewing in last night of this blu-ray, and it was an enjoyable watch. The music was pretty good in this film.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
There's a good German disc of this available in a Stallone boxset for peanuts although the 2 accompanying films ( can't recall their titles) aren't that good.
The transfer for Night Hawks is surprisingly good

Not sure if the Blu-ray I imported several years back came from Germany or France of Spain or wherever (I gave it away). It was godawful, obviously a boot. This new Universal/Shout disc looks wonderful....finally, after all these years of crap editions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks