What's new

NIGHT GALLERY Seasons 2 and 3: Any News???? (1 Viewer)

Claude North

Second Unit
Kevin and Craig, I'm with you guys on this! I hate to think that we won't see seasons two and three because a misinformed public stayed away from the first season set.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
Quoting myself here-
I would like to see the entire run released to DVD in their original uncut, unsyndicated state

Quote:
I'm not sure why people are missing the complete facts on these old masters, however these are the uncut original versions with a few audio problems.

Actually, Kevin I was referring to the remainder of the seasons that haven't been released yet (in their original state just as season one was). There were plenty of complaints about scenes cut but most of these were scenes that were added to the syndicated versions to pad out various episodes (although others were sliced and diced).

I would agree with the other comments Kevin made about the series they look really, really good but as he also points out it would be great to see them and compare them to the remastered versions the executives saw. Perhaps there wasn't a huge difference but I doubt it. Regardless, it'll be nice to see all this stuff finally on DVD.

Universal did a fine job of remastering the

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I think we're missing the point here. Universal turns out the highest quality product, and their video releases have been no exception. Night Gallery's first season was uncut and in excellent condition. There is no reason why the 2nd and 3rd seasons won't be the same way and in their original broadcast form with 2 or 3 stories per hour-long episode (second year) and 1 story per half-hour episode (third year).

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Sorry Wayne, I did consider that this is what you meant but in all honesty it didn't read that way at first blush. My bad.:)

In regards to the other seasons being put out, I can't see why they wouldn't (apart from a sales POV) I have many of the old VHS tapes and I believe the entire series was remastered back in 93/94 so as far as I know the source tapes are available and with a little tweaking ready to go.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
Kevin,

Hey no problem. Yes, Universal has done a pretty good job overall with their TV releases but they don't compare to the top notch job that Warner Brothers Television has done (or even Fox which has done a marvelous job with some titles). I was disappointed with the "Miami Vice" first season boxed set. Not sure if it was a telecine problem or not but the image quality was fair not as great as I had anticipated. On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised to see extras included as part of the set and VERY happy that they included the original music (I'm hoping they carry through with the rest of the seasons the same way). Likewise, I'd love to see them keep the original music for "Quantum Leap: The Complete Fourth Season". Imagine Scott Bakula singing something other than "Imagine" in the episode where he leaps into his brother prior to his being sent to the Vietnam War. I'd hate to see that touching scene get replaced or cut altogether.

On a completely separate thread I was very disappointed that William Friedkin's "Sorcerer" was released ina full screen, no frills version. This film was MEANT to be seen in widescreen and the version released just doesn't do it justice. Why would a company release a widescreen film only in its full screen format today? I'm a little lost as to which market they aiming this film at. I seem to recall seeing this as being made in a 1.66:1 aspect ratio. Perhaps Friedkin wanted it presented this way and it had nothing to do with Universal but no commentary track? Ah, well I guess I can dream about this film being restored to its proper aspect ratio. Maybe Criterion will license it and give it the extras it deserves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks