Night Gallery Season Two?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by JoshuaB., Dec 29, 2004.

1. JoshuaB.

JoshuaB. Second Unit

Feb 9, 2004
    I realize it might be too soon after the Season 1 release, but I'm wondering if Universal will release Season 2 on DVD in 2005. I have no idea if the first set sold well, but I bought it and enjoyed the episodes, despite the remastering/rstoring controversy, so it would be a shame to miss out on the remaining two seasons. As I'll enjoy The Twilight Zone season sets soon (Season 1 is listed for release on January 4 here in Canada), I'd like to see all of Rod Serling's anthology shows on DVD.
  2. John>Wheaton

John>Wheaton Auditioning

Sep 4, 2003
    Count me in on a purchase of Night Gallery Season 2 if it comes out. One of my earliest childhood memories is staying up late with my Dad to watch Night Gallery on TV, would love to re-examine many of these episodes again most of which are only faint memories.

I bought and enjoyed season 1 also despite the lack of remastering, although I must admit many of the episodes dragged and were no where near the brilliance of the original Twilight Zone. In particular I found the punchlines or twist endings were often weakened by dragging the episode on a few beats too long after the twist is delivered. And I hate the way the damn modern Universal logo starts every episode, really ruins the atmosphere!

The 2nd season apparently contains many of the best episodes including classics like "Pickman's Model", so hope Universal sees fit to release this. Would love them to be remastered sets with some extras but either way I would pick it up.