What's new

Night Gallery Season 1 Box set HELP! (1 Viewer)

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Does the Night Gallery season 1 box set come with a booklet? I just received my copy and there is a place for the booklet, but one was not included in my set.
I cannot find any contact for Universal DVD whatsoever. Any help will greatly be appreciated!

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
The only thing it had was a booklet for other Universal TV DVD box sets you could buy, so you didn't miss out on much.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
That set was a complete rip off. Six episodes and a pilot for 40 bucks, but I loved the show so I bought it anyway. It's one of the few box sets that never really got marked down over the years. It kind of reminded me when Universal released 6 episodes of the 60' show Thriller on laserdisc for 100 bucks and then figured nobody was interested in the show, because people weren't stupid enough to get it.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

Admittedly, not a great value, but since I got S2 for $25, I figure things evened out for me. Fortunately there is a strong following of NG that fans were not deterred (though deservedly disgruntled) and sales were adequate enough that Uni went ahead and finally released S2. It's still overall worked out to about $1 a teleplay between the two seasons (around $82--at full cost--for 78 segments) which is more reasonable than for other sets I own, e.g. "Rifleman". The extras in S2 really make this a standout release, my favorite of the year.

If S3 gets released, though I doubt the price structure will even come close to matching S2 for cost/episode. But bring it on, just the same, please, Universal. I'm hungry for Joanna Pettet in her 4th (and most beguiling presence) in "The Girl With the Hungry Eyes". I'd also like to see Chuck Connors and Gary Lockwood once again "mix it up".

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
It does seem lke season 3 would be cheaper , because it's only half a season of 1/2 hours shows, but you would have thought season one would be cheap too. I will admit that season 2 was certainly a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks