What's new

Night Court (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Hello all, I am a newbie who just discovered this site a short time ago. Please be patient with me, as forums and discussions are VERY new to me!

That out of the way, I am wondering if there is anyone else here who would like to see Night Court on DVD? It is a show I fell in love with while it was in syndication, which has since disappeared since the series itself ended. I think it is a shame, since the show was [I felt] very funny and the cast highly talented.

I worked the night shift, and later, the graveyard shift at an answering service for 6 1/2 years. Night Court was highly relevant to me, because I dealt with people who were just as bizarre as those who came before Judge Stone; such as the fellow who became irate with me because I would not get his priest out of bed at 3 am to discuss a possible alternate interpretation of a bible verse.

The idea that a judge cared not only about the proper application of the laws, but also those who came before him was highly appealing. That Harry Anderson is quite a good looking fellow helped, I think.

As for the rest of the cast, it was top notch. John Larroquette [sp?] as the sleazy, ambitious, yet human Dan Fielding was another big plus for Night Court. His best episode HAD to be the one where his old college buddy, Chip, comes to visit after the surgery that turned him into Charlene. Everyone's efforts to explain this to Bull Shannon, the Bailiff, was HILARIOUS!

Bull was dismissed by some people as stupid, but I am more inclined to say that he was a sheltered, innocent genius. Richard Moll probably had a difficult time portraying Bull just so, but he made it look like a breeze.

To the powers that be at the studios, should you be reading this: Please consider releasing Night Court on DVD. I think you will find a good response, especially since it is so hard to find it in syndication.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Hello Lynda, Welcome to the Forum

I think in the last online chat with the Home Video representatives at Warner Bros, a couple of months ago, Night Court was asked about. I think the answer was that it may be under consideration but as of now there are no definate plans for release in the near future. Sorry, maybe someone else will have some better info.

Also, FYI, this thread will most likely be moved as there is another area where TV on DVD is primarially discussed. This area is more for television programming in general.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...03&daysprune=1

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Thank you for the welcome and the heads up, WillG. Again, I am still kind of new at this, but I will pay closer attention to where I put new posts.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I want it big time. It is a classic that deserves the best treatment. I also want Harry Anderson's Absent Minded Professor on DVD. I also want that Doctor Who Toy in the sig above me, How big/ much is it?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I also used to watch this show when it was on late night, I believe it was on WGN for awhile and that's where I saw it.

I'd love this show on DVD, and would be shocked if it didn't see some kind of release eventually.

Welcome to the forum Lynda.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm a *GIANT* fan of Night Court, so if I ever hear any rumors of it coming to DVD, I'll certainly report on it in a hurry.

Welcome to the HTF...birthplace of TVShowsOnDVD.com! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks