What's new

Night Court Season 2 and beyond? (1 Viewer)

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Has anyone heard anything about more seasons of Night Court? I can only assume it's in the planning stages. Anyone know how well Season 1 is selling?

Hope it won't be too long.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Amazingly, I don't think there's been a single season 2 release announced yet for any of the shows WB released this past February. Since I can't believe that not a single one of those shows sold well enough to justify a season 2 release, I think we will see some season 2 announcements yet, and I hope NC is one of them...

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I have already watched all of season one, and was also hoping that we would see an announcement for season 2 and beyond in the near future. Definitely one of the best sitcoms of the '80's:emoji_thumbsup:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Warners said in the most recent chat that there were no plans for S2 of Murphy Brown (which hadn't been out all that long when the chat occurred). That probably doesn't bode well for an immediate release of Night Court.

Still, it's pretty early so I wouldn't give up. Shows that did well for them (Wonder Woman, Gilligan, etc.) all got subsequent seasons fairly quickly.

Steve

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Was Night Court season 1 pretty good? I've thought about buying it before, but I'm more familiar with seasons that had Markie Post and whoever played Roz in them. When does Markie Post's character join the series?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Mac joins the cast in S2, Christine (Markie Post) in S3 (but appears first in ep 2.1) and Roz in S4.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Here's hoping that S1 is selling well!

Like Hogan's Heroes, this is one of the main reasons I support the studios in DVD releases. Watching old favorites in syndication, if it is even available in syndication in your area is not worth it any more. All of the station id bugs in the corner, the cuts to make room for more commercials, amongst other irritations, practically make it impossible NOT to get a favorite on TV show on DVD any more. The TV stations make it just about impossible to enjoy them.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
Is Night Court: Season 1 any good because I remember watching this show and I was wondering by people who already has it their comments about this?

R. Kay

Second Unit
I think a release of season 2 and beyond is a no brainer.

WB put no money into season 1 ... they dont have any extras & they didnt clean up the video ...

So ... bring em on.

VERY FUNNY SITCOM (when it isnt being preachy).

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

:confused: S1 has extras!: A short documentary (Night Court: Comedy's Swing Shift) and commentary on the pilot episode with the creator, Reinhold Weege. As for the video, there isn't anything to really clean up. AFAIK, the show was shot/edited to videotape. What did you expect for under $25 bucks for 13 eps?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

It's actually longer than I remembered it. It runs just over 18 minutes and features new interviews with Reinhold Weege and Harry Anderson.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
How 'bout all of us start emailing W.B. to let them know that there are thousands of fans waiting for future Night Court releases?
I know that they are cranking out Dukes DVD's so maybe they are putting the sitcoms on the back-burner??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks