What's new

Nighbreed Director's Cut...anyone else excited? (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
I was thrilled to see in the chat that it seems to be actually happening! Nightbreed is a legendary victim of studio tampering and it will be interesting to see what Clive Barker's original version is like. Anyone else psyched???
------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely a title that I'll get once released!
------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Heck yes, I'm excited! Hope they don't MAR it. Frickin' Warner. Don't trust them any farther than I can spit 'em.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I am also excited. I think that most of Clive Barkers' films are mistreated. Thank god though for the Hellraiser Limited Edition Tin. I was just happy to have Nightbreed finally on DVD, but a director's cut will be even better. Now, if they could only do the same for Candyman! I do admit that the Lord of Illusions dvd was good. Commentary and all.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
This is great news, and also somewhat surprising, because for years the source materials were rumored to be lost or destroyed.
M.

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
Heck yes, I'm excited! Hope they don't MAR it. Frickin' Warner. Don't trust them any farther than I can spit 'em.
Don't worry. This disc is being produced by Morgan Creek, not Warners, and under the direct supervision of Clive Barker who WILL provide commentary and more! (I spoke to him personally at a recent horror event. He wasn't thrilled about the current disc, but promised patient fans will be rewarded).
It's gonna be great... and I can't wait, either! :)
`Carl
------------------
Administrator,Link Removed
My DVD List

Todd_B

Second Unit
I bought the current disk that is out now. When I read this news, I thought to myself..its off to Ebay!
I can't wait for this one.
Todd B

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I am extremely excited
This and Stephen King's IT are DVD releases I am looking forward to
Great News
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
This is great news!
I love this movie & think it's Barker's masterpiece. I never thought i'd get the chance to see the complete version,so i had to get used to the theatrical version & at least admire whats left of it.
Awsome news & a definate purschase right away when it's released. I won't even hesitate picking it up :)

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I can hardly wait to put my hard earned cash down to purchase the director's cut of Nightbreed! :)
Gregory

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
This is EXCELLENT news!!! Lord of Illusions is definitely Barker's BEST film, but Nightbreed is a wonderful film as well. I can't wait till this sucker finally comes out!!! I didn't buy the current DVD, because I heard about the upcoming director's cut and decided to wait for it.
Now all I need is special editions of Candyman and Rawhead Rex!

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Count me in! This is one of my favorite movies.
And Justin, I doubt you'll ever see an SE of Rawhead Rex. Barker has repeatedly ragged on how bad that movie is and how totally wrong the creature design was in comparison to his story from The Books Of Blood.

Great news! I resisted buying the current issue and thought I had to wait till next year. The SE is on my must-buy-on-the-first-day list.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I wasn't a major fan of this way back in the day, but a director's cut might not be too bad. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks Warner Bros! :)

Will K

Screenwriter
A note to all studios: there is a market for director's cuts of horror films. If there weren't, companies like Anchor Bay wouldn't be in business.
jasvparbanner2.jpg

John C

Stunt Coordinator
Since Warner basically stated in their chat that they don't have any intentions of releasing NC-17 cuts of films on DVD how can the Nightbreed Director's Cut be released? Surely it would be unrated. Warner would be okay with that? I really want to see this film uncut but I don't know how that will happen with what Warner has already said.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks