What's new

Nicolas and Alexandra (1 Viewer)

24fpssean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
N&A is a great historical epic, extraordinarily beautiful and in my opinion vastly more Russian in look and feel than Zhivago, it will be spectacular on BD. The fairness of the script - neither condemning nor deifying the Romanovs is pretty remarkable but does turn some off since most people need clear cut villains and heroes.

Great film!

in2video2

Auditioning
Real Name
Leon Hutchinson
I, too, have been wondering how the passing of the years has treated Nicholas and Alexandra? It would make for a brilliant Blu-Ray release whenever it reaches that point. Hopefully a serious revisit may be forthcoming soon.

ShowsOn

Second Unit
Real Name
Simon Howson
Just watched the 9 year old UK DVD of this tonight. What a wonderful epic film? It is really a F. A. Young film with Franklin Shaffner pinch hitting for David Lean. The exteriors are all just spectacular. This would make a wonderful Blu-ray with a new transfer, but sadly I just doubt that it is a high enough profile title to get the HD treatment. At the very least I hope Sony records a commentary with the two leads, even if they don't get around to doing a Blu-ray for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks