What's new

Nicknames Poll. (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I was thinking about nicknames the other day and I got to thinking, How many people actually have nicknames?. I don't ean sign in names for on-line applications either. I mean real world nicknames that people call you when they see you.

So what I want to know is, Do you have a nickname and if so, what is it and how did you get it?

I'll start, my nickname to a select few people from high school is Boom Boom. The reason for this nick is that I played the tuba in the concert and dixieland bands. A friend just threw "Boom Boom" out one day and it stuck.

Ok,your turns.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Stubby.
I keep telling everyone that the reason should be obvious, as it came from a woman calling me that. Well, I can proudly say that that is not the reason for the nic. It's rather innocent, really. I used to work on a job that required using a screwdriver for adjusting the machine. At the time, we had to purchase our own. Well, I lost the one I had. The only other one I had handy was one of those really short, stubby ones and I used that for the next few days. Well, a woman I work with saw it and of course, began calling me Stubby. That was 5 years ago and the nickname just stuck.
Bruce

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
My friends call me "The Mexican" because I'm half-Hispanic. And no, I don't mind. :) You should have heard the ribbing I got when that Brad Pitt movie came out!

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Chuck is a nickname to begin with but then it gets altered. You got yer...

Chuckie

Chuckster

Chazz

Charles

Charlie

Chuckster

The Chuck Man

Chuck D

Chuckmeister

C

Chazzy

Big C

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Doc ...... comes from having been a Hospital Corpsman in the USN. Then I spent over 5 years in the medical field when I got out so a lot of people still call me Doc.

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator
Jefe Noche. It means night boss in spanish. I would like to say that I got it because I'm such a "player". The reality is that my name is Jeff Knight. With my last name, I've obviously had a plethera of nick-names (night-rider, night-moves ect.ect.). My personal favorite is when an ex-girlfriend gave me Jeffrey Nightmare.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Yeah. For some reason my friends say that I look like the white version of the rapper Heavy D. I dont know look at my pic and decide. Anyhow they have called me the following

Heavy D

D

Heavy Fo Short

Heavy

And also I have been called Mr. Brett becuase well I listen to Bad Religion and one of there member is named Mr. Brett. So those are my nicknames.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
About 15-20 years and 100lbs ago, my nickname was "Co How" which was kinda short for "Cool Howard" or "Cold Blooded Howard". I even had "Co How" on the license plate of my totally "Fast & Furiously" styled 280Z 2+2. When I run across a old friend back in the hood, they will usually greet me with, "Wassup, Co-How?" My wife hates to hear that since it symbolizes my young free swinging single days, before I meet her and settled down. Brings back many memories.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
My current nickname is Tyr (zodiac sign Taurus). It's also a name of a Nordic God. I've been called various funny names in the past, including girl names, but hey I didn't come up with them... :)

James_S

Second Unit
My last name is Seligman and for some reason (Don't know why) no one could say it so I am known as "Slug"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks