Nicknames Poll.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Travale, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I was thinking about nicknames the other day and I got to thinking, How many people actually have nicknames?. I don't ean sign in names for on-line applications either. I mean real world nicknames that people call you when they see you.

So what I want to know is, Do you have a nickname and if so, what is it and how did you get it?

I'll start, my nickname to a select few people from high school is Boom Boom. The reason for this nick is that I played the tuba in the concert and dixieland bands. A friend just threw "Boom Boom" out one day and it stuck.

Ok,your turns.

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Stubby.
    I keep telling everyone that the reason should be obvious, as it came from a woman calling me that. Well, I can proudly say that that is not the reason for the nic. It's rather innocent, really. I used to work on a job that required using a screwdriver for adjusting the machine. At the time, we had to purchase our own. Well, I lost the one I had. The only other one I had handy was one of those really short, stubby ones and I used that for the next few days. Well, a woman I work with saw it and of course, began calling me Stubby. That was 5 years ago and the nickname just stuck.
    Bruce

3. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

Dalmation. (For explanation see my name

4. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

My friends call me "The Mexican" because I'm half-Hispanic. And no, I don't mind. [​IMG] You should have heard the ribbing I got when that Brad Pitt movie came out!

5. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

I am known as "Badfish".

6. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    orange

7. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Chuck is a nickname to begin with but then it gets altered. You got yer...

Chuckie

Chuckster

Chazz

Charles

Charlie

Chuckster

The Chuck Man

Chuck D

Chuckmeister

C

Chazzy

Big C

8. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

Doc ...... comes from having been a Hospital Corpsman in the USN. Then I spent over 5 years in the medical field when I got out so a lot of people still call me Doc.

9. Jefe Noche

Jefe Noche Stunt Coordinator

Jefe Noche. It means night boss in spanish. I would like to say that I got it because I'm such a "player". The reality is that my name is Jeff Knight. With my last name, I've obviously had a plethera of nick-names (night-rider, night-moves ect.ect.). My personal favorite is when an ex-girlfriend gave me Jeffrey Nightmare.

10. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Yeah. For some reason my friends say that I look like the white version of the rapper Heavy D. I dont know look at my pic and decide. Anyhow they have called me the following

Heavy D

D

Heavy Fo Short

Heavy

And also I have been called Mr. Brett becuase well I listen to Bad Religion and one of there member is named Mr. Brett. So those are my nicknames.

11. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

A guy at work is attempting to create a nickname for me.
    Flex
    [​IMG]

12. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

About 15-20 years and 100lbs ago, my nickname was "Co How" which was kinda short for "Cool Howard" or "Cold Blooded Howard". I even had "Co How" on the license plate of my totally "Fast & Furiously" styled 280Z 2+2. When I run across a old friend back in the hood, they will usually greet me with, "Wassup, Co-How?" My wife hates to hear that since it symbolizes my young free swinging single days, before I meet her and settled down. Brings back many memories.

13. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

My current nickname is Tyr (zodiac sign Taurus). It's also a name of a Nordic God. I've been called various funny names in the past, including girl names, but hey I didn't come up with them... [​IMG]

14. James_S

James_S Second Unit

My last name is Seligman and for some reason (Don't know why) no one could say it so I am known as "Slug"