Nickelodeon Party Blast (Xbox) opinions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Toguchi, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Michael Toguchi

Michael Toguchi Stunt Coordinator

Has anybody picked up or seen a review of Nickelodeon Party Blast for the XBox? I saw it at Best Buy when picking up Clones yesterday, and I am always on the lookout for kid games for the XBox. The selection of kid oriented games are slim, but I don't want to go and pick up a mediocre game for my daughter.

2. Dave_Olds

Dave_Olds Stunt Coordinator

The reviews stink....but I wouldnt put any faith in it.... They are not reviewing the game from a parent to kid point of view - they are reviewing it as any other game...Sure its not gonna stand up to Halo et al - it isnt meant too...
    Another classic case of the reviewers "not getting it"?
    http://www.funkidsgames.com/games/ni...box_childrens/
    It is what it is and it looks like it does what it is intended quite well....Provide kids an outlet of fun & insane Nick style games that any kid can play.....I will get it for my kid for xmas as we have several kids over at a time sometimes wanting to play games....this should work out well....

3. Michael Toguchi

Thanks for the pointer.

It looks like it would be fun for the kids, and that is the point of it. My nieces and nephew come over often, and they are always 'better' than my daughter at playing games, so if I can find the game that brings out the fun aspect more than the competative aspect of gaming, I am all for it.

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I'm still hoping that Monopoly for the Xbox is decent...

5. Michael Toguchi

I saw that at Best Buy as well. I wonder how hard it will push the graphical capabilities of the XBox [​IMG]

6. Dave_Olds

Dave_Olds Stunt Coordinator

one major problem I see with Monopoly Party....it says 1-4 players....How is that classified as a "Party"? It seems to me 6 or 8 players would be more enjoyable....Almost every game supports 4 players....