What's new

Nick Rewind Collection (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Some stores sell Pete and DVDs in the Children section. It is a children's shows, but the audience that they are targeting are grown up now.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

Well I am just saying if season 1 sells well enough for another release, no reason to think season 2 can't do the same. People who bought season 1 probably brought season 2 as well. I doubt, and I have the numbers to prove it didn't happen, that season 2 had a major drop off in sales.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Can you give us the proof? Amazon.com sales ranks don't count.

I'll probably be writing a letter (not email; an actual letter) to let Paramount know the title is still in demand...hopefully it was just an issue with music rights or something of that sort and it'll be released eventually.

As for a February announcement, I'm guessing that it would already be on the schedule if it were coming out within the next few months (but don't quote me on that...Gord would know just how far the Paramount schedule goes).

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon rankings aren't good enough?

The Pete And Pete are one of if not the most successfull Nickelodeon DVDs ever. If they didn't sell enough to satisfy Paramount, then they should not sell any Nickelodeon DVDs.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

The schedule went until the end of the year, HOWEVER, things are constantly placed on the schdule, and other things are removed, or moved around. Not appearing on the schedule right now doesn't mean it won't be there in a week or two.

Gord

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I think it is ok to say, some of us are overreacting a little bit and jumping to conclusion. Let's just take a step back and see what happens.

Pete and Pete season 3 will probably get released, and the reason is got pushed probably is something technical, rememeber Paramount had to recall some I Love Lucy DVDs.

Maybe the reason for the delay, is they are negociating to get future Rewind Collection releases stocked in more stores, better location in stores, and more copies in the stores.

You think Paramount and any other big entertainment company does not know which stores store their DVD's, how many copies they sell, etc? With the money they invest into their DVDs, they know everything.

That is just a guess, but they do know who distributed their DVDs.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
No, because they're virtually meaningless when figuring how well a title is selling overall.

Let's look at the 2 Pete sets, as an example.

Season 1: #1,642 (yesterday: 854)
Season 2: #1,284 (yesterday: 797)

Amazon's rankings are based entirely on sales (and I believe views) for that day only - it does not tell you anything about how it's done since it was released).

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention online sales DO NOT reflect in store sales either. They might give you a good idea based on a hit DVD title (wedding crashers being #1 on amazon.com) but the majority of DVDs are sold at actual retailers, such as Walmart etc etc.

EXAMPLE -- Serenity was #1 on Amazon.com for most of the first week of release. It was the third highest selling title that week overall. TV-DVD sets are even harder to gauge because internet saavy users tend to be more aware of titles being released.

I KNEW that P&P was set for a FEB release, but the average DVD buyer wouldn't know until seeing it in their store. On top of that, they've also got to have money on hand, and a willingness to buy the product.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

That is my point the stores. Most of us can agree in the actual DVD stores the Rewind Collection were not widely available. And Paramount knows that.

They know that the Rewind Collection are more easily attenable on the internet than in the stores. When their DVDs are shipped they know where they are going to.

Based on that, I think Pete And Pete did well.

Does anyone think like I do, there is a chance this delay has something to do with a dispute with the retail stores over distribution and promotion of the Rewind Collection?

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Bad news and I guess good news

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5011

The bad news You Can't Do That On Television has been delayed like Pete And Pete season 3.

The good news in this article, we finally get an explanation, and it appears the Rewind Collection is safe, and these set backs have nothing to do with the Rewind Collection, just some shakeups at Nickelodeon and Viacom. Thank god.

Though if you a fan of YCDTOTV, there might still a couple of clearance details yet to work out. Odds are they will work that out.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
I dunno, i still don't have confidence that the Rewind collection will live to see 2007. The Delay, The Cancellation of Clarissa, the lack of hope in seeing the Classic Nicktoons, Paramount, and all that seem to be very bad omens which forshadow the early death of the Nick Rewind collection.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
What that doesn't explain however is how do you have clearance problems for a show that doesn't have anything that needs to be cleared?

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

Classic Nicktoons is seperated from the Rewind Collection. As far as Clarissa goes, the show failed, not the Nick Rewind Collection.

The Rewind Collection should not be condempt if a show fails, a show should stand or fail on its own. I hope Paramount realizes that.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The fact that the Rewind Collection releases that we knew as being "on the radar" are now off, at least ondefinitely, I tend to think otherwise.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Off topic, does anyone know anything about a Nick Rewind Channel launching in 2006? Someone on tv.com mention it.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator

I heard that rumor so many times I can't even count. I'd take it with a grain of salt until we get a press release or something.

John*P

Second Unit

If true, that would be so damn cool...they have a Nicktoon Channel and Nick game show network...so why not have one for the classic live action shows that aired on Nickelodeon over the years?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks