What's new

Nick Rewind Collection (1 Viewer)

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
Has anyone heard what happened to Adventures of Pete & Pete Season 3? Last I heard, it was scheduled for late Feb. 2006, but none of the usual websites (DVDPlanet, DDD, Amazon, etc.) have it up for pre-order yet.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Pete and Pete season 3 is suppose to be released on Febuary 28th. It is a litte early for pre orders. So I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want Nickelodeon / Paramount to know what shows we want released on DVD, write to this address.

Nickelodeon
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
Attn: Viewer Services

MarcoAD

Stunt Coordinator
The have to release Rocko's Modern Life & Aaahh!!! Real Monsters!!!

These are two of my all time favorites man.

StacyV

Second Unit

I agree. It was with the third season that I started watching the series on a regular basis and fell it love with it. I was looking forward to this release. I hope the delay won't be too long.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Extremely disappointing; I really hope it gets on the schedule soon. It's the last season; they really should wrap it up.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator
I have a feeling that Nick is going to put the Rewind Collection on the back burner since both shows they released have been suspended.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Well if they canceled this I guess this means Clarissa had 0 chance for getting a season 2 set. Man the rewind collection sure isn't a stable one....They should really finish shows, especially before making new ones....

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Marketing was terrible. I know tons of people who would buy these sets, but most of them weren't even aware they were available. What a shame.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Everyone calm down. None of the major retail website had season 3 for pre order, and I think there was some communication and Paramount had to intention of releasing season 3 of Pete and Pete in Febuary at all.

Season 3 of Pete and Pete will probably be released in early May, and that was probably Paramount's intention all along.

Once you get to season 2 of a show, it is smooth sailing. Season 1 did well enough to warant a season 2 release, I am sure season 2 did well enough to warrant a season 3 release.

Anyone know how season 2 of Pete and Pete sold. I find it hard to believe it was dramticly lower than season 1.

I think Season 3 of Pete and Pete and the first You Can't Do That On Television release will be released in the spring.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I believe season 3 is the last.

I think the worry is more that since it was listed and now isn't, it's possibly hit some sort of legal snag (music rights or something... sometimes for just one song can keep a release back).

It's also a fair bet that Clarissa is done for. Obviously nothing's set in stone, but considering the 2nd season of P&P came and went and nothing's been heard about Clarissa 2+... it's proably not gonna happen.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
On Amazon.com season 2 of Pete and Pete is in the 533, while season 1 of Pete and Pete is in the 821 since season 2 is more recent, it should be higher on the list.

Anyway for a cable show like Pete and Pete to be in the 500's on a major retailer of Amazon for all DVDs (not just tv, but movies and music videos and sporting events) is very good.

If we were up to season 2, and that was not postponed, than that is concern, but once you make it to season 2, edventually all of the seasons are released.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
By the way, if Paramount once to release these shows in the Rewind collection every 6 months, ok. But during that 6 month period, there is no reason they can't introduce other shows to the rewind collection.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Here are the Amazon sales numbers for the Nick Rewind Collection releases.

Pete and Pete season 1 - 821
Pete and Pete season 2 - 533
Clarissa season 1 - 7,943

Pete and Pete season 2 did better than season 1. 533 on a major retailer for all DVDs, not just tv is very good.

John*P

Second Unit
I have a feeling the delay for Pete & Pete: S3 is due to marketing or legal reasons. The first two seasons seem to have sold very well, as I had been tracking their numbers on Amazon since their initial release. (that and the rapid pace at which they had seemed to be getting releases led me to believe the sets were selling very well)

Steve_Z: I doubt S2 sold better than S1. Those Amazon sales rankings are only for the current day...those numbers can rise or fall dramatically overnight...by the thousands. The latest seasons of a series released on DVD usually have higher Amazon sales rankings than the previous releases. I would say the best time to follow Amazon sales rankings are on the release date of a title and maybe a few weeks afterward. I know Pete & Pete S1 was in the Amazon Top 100 for a bit. I'm not sure about S2, but it could have been as well.

As for the marketing for the Nick Rewind collection being bad...eh, I dunno. I know there were some tv commercials that aired on a few channels, which is more than I can say for some releases. (Ironically, I don't know if they aired on Nickelodeon. Maybe Nick@Nite? I think I saw them on VH1 and Comedy Central) There are people, though, that had no idea these shows were on DVD. I know of some myself who just recently found out about them. (only because I told them...they would have had no idea otherwise) My friend's sister went nuts when I told her that Clarissa: S1 was on DVD...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Since when? EACH season of a show has to perform well for the studio to continue releasing it.

Gord

Josh_HI

Second Unit
They definintly did something wrong when they released these sets....I know because back in May when they both first came out I went ALL OVER the place searching for them, and the only place that had Clarissa and Pete was Suncoast. Which they only had 1 copy of each and were way to expensive for a 2 disc set. I mean maybe if they had released them at target, walmart and other stores. They would have sold more. I know my Best Buy didn't get these releases until a few months ago.... So sad.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks