What's new

Nick Cage's wife gave birth to Superman!!! (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Nah, Mxyzptlk would have been terrible. This guy will probably just be "Cal" by the time he gets to school.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's not the worst name they could give him, but it's still pretty lame.

Ironically, Nic Cage did an SNL skit many years ago about a dad who's terribly picky about the names his wife is suggesting for their newborn son. She keeps suggesting ordinary names, but he always says something like, "no, not Robert, the other kids'll just call him Bob the Slob...not Joe, they'll call him Slow Joe." Every plain-sounding name has some possible insult that he's worried about. Eventually they fade to a couple of days later, and the mailman comes in with a present addressed to "Asswipe Jackson" (or whatever their last name was). The skit ends with Cage protesting, "It's pronounced ah-ZWEE-pay!!"

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
There are times when I think that famous people shouldn't reproduce. This is one of those times.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Three things one could assume:

1) Cage is suffering from delusions of grandeur.
2) He's bitter from losing the Superman role.
3) He's wack.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Better than CrimeFighter!... Better than Apple!... Give Nicolas Cage the big fluffy bear cause he just won the Celebrity Crazy Baby Name Game hands down. :thumbsdown:

Kal-El Coppola Cage wins a lifetime supply of intensive therapy.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That poor kid's gonna wish he had super powers when he's getting his ass beat everyday in school, and Jor-El, er, um, I mean Nick, won't be anywhere around to help him.

James T

Screenwriter
I'm a geek, but not a big enough geek to name my kid Kal-El. Cage's gots some brass to name his kid that knowing his kid will get bullied at school b/c of the Superman connection.

There's plenty of terrible names he could have chosen(Jermajesty, Apple, Coco, etc.)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
George Foreman, who only named all five of his sons George, is looking more normal all the time. :D

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
My sister's youngest son (now in his 20's) has the middle name of Jorel. No hyphen, and not his first name, but it's there.

We come from a long line of sci-fi geeks. :alien:

The truth is out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks