What's new

Nick and Nora (1 Viewer)

DaveK

Second Unit
Does anyone know when the Thin Man series will be released by Warner Home Video???

Since Tarzan was released and was very sucessful, I hope this is the next of the MGM series to arrive on DVD.

This might open the gates for some of the other series like Andy Hardy, Maisie, and Dr Kildare/Dr. Gillespie.

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry I don't know when this wonderful series of movies will be released but I intend on buying them as soon as they come out.

I would blind buy the other movie series you mentioned. I hope WB will release these.

Miss Randi

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Dave, all I can offer for you is that Mr. Feltenstein said they are coming "soon" when he was interviewed by Mr. Harris. I would assume that means 2005 in an article over at the Bits website.

I'm with you, I would love to see Warners eventually establish a line dedicated to their various series. If marketed correctly, I believe this can be successful.

Steve

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Imagone the Maisie series on dvd...it would be wonderful to geet all thoso Ann Ssothern movies.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The original "Thin Man" is on DVD. Quite a good transfer considering the source. It is not restored, but came from a pretty good original.

DaveK

Second Unit

Jeff, I bought it the first day it came out...lol
If there's a box set, I'll give my copy to a friend.
I have to disagree on this version being an original print, I think it might be a reissue. The reason I say this is because (and here's where the film geek in me comes out) if you look at the Leo the Lion opening, it looks different than the Leo opening you see in previous releases of the movie on video and on the Thin Man movie trailer.

I'm guessing that they changed the opening of some of the black and white MGM movies made in the early 1930's to the one that was used starting around 1938. Nonetheless, it's better than I have ever seen it.

DaveK

Second Unit
See above post....

The Leo the Lion opening at the beginning of the movie:

The Leo the Lion opening on the trailer:

As you can see, both designs are different and the trailer picture has the NRA logo on the side (typical for movies made around 1934).

I'm guessing that they changed the opening of some of the black and white MGM movies made in the early 1930's to the one that was used starting around 1938. Nonetheless, it's better than I have ever seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks