What's new

Nichols (1971-72) w/ James Garner, from Warner Archives in September (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I have a few, very poor visual quality episodes, but the quality of the series shines through. Most likely a buy for me, if I can decide I can afford it.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Richard V said:
I have a few, very poor visual quality episodes, but the quality of the series shines through. Most likely a buy for me, if I can decide I can afford it.
The price point is a bit prohibitive for a "one and done" series. Perhaps the cost comes down later or eventually find it online used for a good bargain.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Is this pressed (as Harry-O initially was) or DVD-r? Sorry for the inevitable question...

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
After 3-4 months a new release is usually added to WA sales. They have been having a 20% off sale about once every 6 weeks and ocassionally a 25-30% off sale. So if you can wait awhile it will eventually be on sale at the archive for $34.99-$39.99.
Ron1973 said:
The price point is a bit prohibitive for a "one and done" series. Perhaps the cost comes down later or eventually find it online used for a good bargain.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
JoeDoakes said:
Has anyone seen this show? Is it any good?
I saw one episode when it was originally on 41 or 42 years ago. I didn't like it and never watched another one. Don't recall anymore than that.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Timothy E said:
I hope that Bret Maverick and The New Maverick will follow from the Archive, and that WHV releases all 5 seasons of Maverick.
When I first saw the release news for Nichols, I wondered if the Bret Maverick series might be coming at some future date . . . soon. I hope so.
I have never seen Nichols, but I like James Garner, and might eventually get this.

I also hope that we will continue to see releases for Sugarfoot. Nice to see Bret and Bart in Season 1.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Of course that's the last episode which was basically their admission the show wasn't working and had it continued it would have proceeded in that retooled fashion.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
YES!!!

Never seen the series. But its JAMES GARNER.
Been hoping this would be out on DVD at some point.

Now someone needs to bring HEC RAMSEY to DVD.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
ponset said:
YES!!!

Never seen the series. But its JAMES GARNER.
Been hoping this would be out on DVD at some point.

Now someone needs to bring HEC RAMSEY to DVD.
Testify!!!!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
JoeDoakes said:
I have had them all from film for years. Its okay. Typical Garner type role and I must say that they did manage to use young Margot Kidder's cleavage to great advantage!

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
JoeDoakes said:
I watched several episodes of the show when it originally aired. I liked it, but I was a teenager back then, so who knows how good it really was? The drastic change of style in the last episode was not necessarily proof that the show didn't work quality-wise; but may have simply been an attempt to bolster ratings. The original concept seemed to build on Garner's knack for playing protagonists who didn't want much to do with violence if they could avoid it.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Got this a few days ago. Pressed Discs.
To my non-expert eyes the picture looks pretty good on my 32 inch INSIGNIA TV/BLU-RAY COMBO.

Watched the first 8 episodes. All about the same quality from the acting to the story.
None were great but none were bad.
Garner is his usual charming self.
Seems to be quite a few cleavage shots of Ms. Kidder. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks