What's new

Nice Pre/Pro at Woot (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Woot.com has a nice Fosgate Pre/Pro at a very good price today. Just thought some of you guys might be interested. It apparently got pretty good reviews over at AVS and they're selling it at Woot for well below retail (think

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
bummer. i told my dad about it, and when i was ordering mine, it was sold out. he got one though...

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Well, there's some guy on another forum who bought an extra and is selling it for the "rock-bottom price" of $2400.

:rolleyes

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Blast - sold out! that's what I get for not visiting all the forums every day. I would have clamped down on this in an instant. It's just what I need right now.

What is the retail price of this preamp/processor? Is it normally discounted?

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
MSRP was $3300. on this new model.
Keep in mind that Fosgate is on the way out of Home Audio.
they are going 100% back to 12v car audio products

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Mine arrived today. A very nice looking unit with a sizeable 7-inch LCD screen on the front that displays whatever video content you're running through it.

Lots of surround modes and pretty flexible setup.

This replaced my Outlaw 950, which I was quite happy with. Overall, my initial impression -- after one calibration and very limited listening so far -- is of a more spacious and solid soundfield in surround modes. Deeper soundstage in stereo (I listen to a lot of classical so this is important). And a timbre somewhat mellower than the Outlaw but no less detailed. A bit less pushy in the high end.

A downside is that I couldn't get my center channel (NHT) calibrated to a 75dB level at 0dB on the volume control. So I calibrated to 73dB. (I swapped out the cable tonight between the Fosgate and my Aragon amp. I'll recalibrate tomorrow and see if there is a difference. I don't expect one, but that particular cable did have a flaky history.)

Good build quality, as expected and the full-featured remote (a full-blown MX-500)is great.

Users who are viewing this thread