1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

nice new plate amps

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alexis, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Alexis

Alexis Stunt Coordinator

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Man, that 550 watt amp would be perfect for a Tempest, oooh the temptation!

3. Griff

Griff Stunt Coordinator

1000 watt???? Let me wipe away the drool. Will there be a 240 volt model?

4. Alexis

Alexis Stunt Coordinator

the kilowatt model only says that it supports 8 ohms. I wonder what the output will be into 4 ohms, even if it doesn't increase, if it can still do 1000 watts into 4 ohms, then that would be enough.

5. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Alexis,
    Notice that the 1000 watt model says NOT to use it for anything lower than 7 ohms. Others may disagree with me but I tend to follow a manufactures specs. I think if you blew it on a 4ohm load then the warranty could be void. Or maybe not. That would be a question for Kyle who I'm sure will be along when he gets a chance. [​IMG]
    Dan Hine

6. Tom-K

Tom-K Stunt Coordinator

Not that I'm an expert. So hopefully someone can help me out. But, by reading the writeup regarding the 1000 watt amp, it has me confused? It talks about dynamic power, this isn't the same as RMS is it? Is the 1000 watts peak power, if so, its not as good as it looks, can anyone please help? This price seems to good to be true.

7. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Sorry I got to the party a bit late. The 1000 watt version is RMS but is only available in 120V. This model also is only rated down to 7 ohms so I wouldnt try a 4 ohm load into it (hint: later this summer there will be one available for 4 ohms).
    Cam, also remember that the enclosure size determines the mechanical power handling of a driver so most of the time the 320 watt model will work just fine and save you some $$ too.

8. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Sigh.
    Another project to plan for. Better start up the prostitution. [​IMG]
    Kyle - Do you know the dynamic/peak power for the 320w amp?

9. MikeAcc

MikeAcc Agent

Is the BASH technology the same as the old Blade car amps?? Those were some excellent amps back in the day. If I remember correctly Blade became Idigo...or was bought by them. I think they then discontinued the Blade car line??

10. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

These are the exact same amps SVS is using in their upcoming PCI+ series subs correct? I remember Tom and Ron talking about a Bash amp maker in canada and I'm pretty sure these are them.

11. Michael R Price

Michael R Price Screenwriter

I think the PCi has the 320 watt, PC+ has the 550 watt and the future PC-Ultra will have the 1000 watt BASH amps.

12. Ryan Schnacke

Ryan Schnacke Supporting Actor

But the SVS amps on the PC+ will have continuously adjustable phase and 3 selectable rumble filters.

13. MikeAcc

MikeAcc Agent

Cam,

I bet this is the old Blade technology(company), Blade was a Canadian company.