NHT Superones......dissapearing?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Massey, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Eric Massey

Eric Massey Agent

I have been searching the net for the NHT superones as I think they're the perfect speaker for me (limited placement options and very tight budget with a preference for soft domes). In any event, I am concerned about how difficult it was to find anyone who carries them. Crutchfield does not have the superones for some reason. Most other stores I found also leave the superone off of their NHT product line for some reason. Does anyone know why this is happening, and should I be concerned?

Also I found the superones online for about $120 each plus shipping. That's the lowest I've seen, do you think that's a good deal?

Thanks for the help,

Eric

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

US$120/each is a pretty good deal for the NHT SuperOne; they originally retailed for US$350/pair. The SuperOne has been discontinued, replaced by the new SB series. I heard the SB2, the direct replacement for the SuperOne, and I feel the SB2 is a better all around speaker. But for US$240/pair for the SuperOne, that's a bargain.

3. Bruce Chang

Bruce Chang Second Unit

check on audiogon.com they have superones for a lot less.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    They were discontinued about 7 months ago, it is not surprising they are hard to find. The new models use aluminum tweeters with a HUGE heatsink, and they do not sound quite like the Super Zero or One. The new SB3 is a very nice speaker, but not for the price.

5. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

I got my pair from theaudiodepot on ebay, $224 shipped. They don't seem to offer any more, but still have NHT items. Perhaps you can search them out and ask.

Good Luck!

6. Eric Massey

Eric Massey Agent

Well, their being discontinued would certainly answer my question as to why they are so rare. They are practically the only under $500/pair soft dome bookshelves which didn't have a rear firing port I could find. Except for the swan divas which I fine absolutely ugly. NO offense to anyone who has them but I couldn't stand looking at them. So I guess I'll snag these superones up asap....

7. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

$120 each plus shipping is a decent price. Get them why you can!