NHT SuperOne or AegisOne?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanielKim, Dec 24, 2001.

1. DanielKim

DanielKim Stunt Coordinator

I currently have two SuperOne Xu's as my mains and a SuperOne as my center. I'm considering purchasing another pair of SuperOne's for mains and putting my XU's for my rear. Should I buy the SuperOne's or buy Acoustic Energy AegisOnes? Would it sound alright with the SuperOne in the center or should I keep it SuperOne's all around? Also, if anyone is interested, I know a dealer that is selling SuperOne's at $200 a pair. I am planning on purchasing either a Yamaha HTR-5490 or an Outlaw 1050 as I gave my dad my Yamaha R-V1105 and my AR speakers for Christmas. Thanks in advance!

Dan

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

the advantage of going with the SuperOnes is that you know that they will work with eachother. I'm a little concerned about how well SuperOnes mate with SuperZeros, but I'm gonna give it a try, anyway.
    There are some fantastic deals out there on pairs of SuperOnes now; I just ordered my present for $227/pr... but does anyone know of anyone selling them singly? It seems strange to buy two for $227, and then a third for $250...
    Leo Kerr

3. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

I have 'Ones and Zeros in my system mated with a high end Yamaha center. The center is sealed like the NHT's and has 6.5 inch woofers like the Ones, but the tweeter is titanium. The pans around the system sound great, though, even with the mismatched center. The surrounds are behind me about 18 inches and spread about 11 feet apart and they sound great, I have them -3 db. The center is at -6. Got the Ones for $225 shipped off of Ebay. Brand new.

Have fun!!

4. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

As Leo pointed out, going with the SuperOnes all around will ensure you have seamless panning.

That, btw, is the system I have, powered by a Yamaha 2095. If you can get your hands on one of those... it is a workhorse, rated for 100Wpc, but easily capable of a bit more. The only real negative I found is being able to assign inputs - it cannot do so. But then again, I have 7 sources tied into it...

Mike

5. DanielKim

DanielKim Stunt Coordinator

Alright..I guess I will go with SuperOnes all around. If you guys want, I can get you this guy's email for speakers. I just ordered a single SuperOne for 112 shipped to my door. Also you can get em shipped 225 to your door brand new. He also has superzeros, centers, Xu's.

Dan

6. Salvador

Salvador Second Unit

i auditioned the Aegis one's just a couple of days ago and i wasn't too impressed. Yes the sound was good, a little bit more detail than the PSB 2b's that i was doing an A/B comparison with. But the PSB's offered a more full sound and detail was very close to the Aegis ones.

hope that helps

7. Steve Russell

Steve Russell Stunt Coordinator

I too would recommend sticking with the NHT''s. I have a yamaha 2095 with supertwo mains, superone center and surrounds, and superzero front effects and it sounds amazing. I can hear no difference in tonality when sounds are panned across the front(or around the room for that matter). I really love the neutral, detailed sound of the NHT super series speakers.