NHT Super Audio setup...comments?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Arvin_C, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Arvin_C

Arvin_C Agent

Hello everyone.

Okay, have decided to go with NHT for my H/T. Found a pretty good package deal containing a SC1 center, SB2s infront, SB1s surrounding and a SW10 sub.

Although I haven't heard the new SB line, I have read that they are an upgrade from their previous bookshelf line. I very much liked the sound of NHT's Super One, I owned a pair, briefly. The best thing about them for me was how much sound came from them and how accurate they seemed to be. However, they did tend to be really, really bright on poorly recorded material and they could eminate a lot of "noise" on bad recordings as well.

But as far as the package goes, what do you guys think? Again, will be mostly for movies with emphasis on fast, accurate sound and clearity. Any thoughts/opinions would be great!

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

You should base your purchase on more than price. Some peple like the new series, some don't. You may not, or you may fall in love!

If you can make a return, go for it. They are certainly nice speakers and you may score a real deal. If you aren't happy, though, leave yourself an out.

Try to at least listen to them somewhere first.

3. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Arvin,
    I owned the NHT SuperOnes before as well, and yes, I do consider the new Super Audio series an improvement over their predecessors. I heard both the SB3 and the SB2 and they are excellent small speakers. Despite their aluminum tweeters, they don't sound bright at all to me. In fact, I never understood why people considered NHT speakers bright. But that's just me. Since I have never heard the sub, the SB1, or the center channel speaker, can't help you with those. But [​IMG] to either the SB2 or the SB3.