What's new

NHT SubOne vs SVS 25-31 or 20-39 (1 Viewer)

ErikE

Auditioning
Hi all,
Any comparisons on the above mentioned subs?
I picked up the NHT on a closeout so it is roughly cost
equivalent to the unpowered 25-31 or 20-39. I have an
Adcom GFA-1A (200wpc @ 8ohms) kicking around that I could
power an SVS sub with.
I'm trying to get my head around the aesthetics of the SVS too as I prefer a clean, uncluttered look since this will be in my living room. Also, if laid on their sides (I might be able to hide the sub behind my couch), how much breathing room (ie, clearance around them) do the SVSes require?
I'm particularly concerned about musical performance. So far the NHT is pretty good musically but sometimes seems not to blend right. Maybe no sub will blend perfectly for music. Electronics is a Denon 3801 using the bass management on-board. Room is approx 17x17x10 with openings to dining area/kitchen and hall. I'm not looking for huge SPLs as this is a condo and my neighbors would likely object...( -15 ish on the Denon seems about a loud as I'm comfortable with in this space )
Any other options I should think about? DIY, even?
thanks in advance for any input...
------------------
"It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response..."

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>Any comparisons on the above mentioned subs? >I picked up the NHT on a closeout so it is roughly cost
equivalent to the unpowered 25-31 or 20-39. I have an
Adcom GFA-1A (200wpc @ 8ohms) kicking around that I could
power an SVS sub with.
I'm trying to get my head around the aesthetics of the SVS too as I prefer a clean, uncluttered look since this will be in my living room. Also, if laid on their sides (I might be able to hide the sub behind my couch), how much breathing room (ie, clearance around them) do the SVSes require?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks