What's new

Nht St4 (1 Viewer)

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have an opinion on these speakers? I like the finish on the ST4's but have no experience with NHT speakers and I cant find any place atm that would have these on display where I can check em out. Initially I was going for the SB3's but since I have a integrated amp that has no sub out, I thought why not go full range with the sub built into the tower for a little more money (because I have a stereo setup, I feel a lack of bass watching the occasional dvd). Will be using them with a Rotel RA-02 integrated amp and NAD C521i CD player. The Rotel's sound is a bit too laid back for me although it is very detailed. If not the ST4's can you guys recommend another I should look into that has a brighter or more in your face sound with a sub built into the tower?

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Ben the ST4 is a great tower speaker. The Rotel's warm sound should be a great fit for the upfront NHT sound.

I keep hearing about how much better the new NHT tweeters are over the older ones. The SB3 has gotten GREAT reviews.

You will like the ST4's I think but the SB3's are probably a better speaker from 60hz and up.

I know integrating a sub is a little tougher but the SB3's with a Adire (adireaudio.com) Rava sub ($399) would be KILLER for about $1000. I think it would kill the ST4's but that isn't a put down on the ST4.

A good reference, do a editorial review search down at the bottom for NHT....
http://www.ecoustics.com/Home/Home_Audio/Speakers/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks