NHT --SB1 +SB2 Bookshelfs

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Pete Gia, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Pete Gia

Pete Gia Stunt Coordinator

Hello All. I have the old NHT Super Zero and Super 1 speakers. It looks like they`ve been replaced by the SB1 and SB2. Does anyone have the new models,and if so do they sound as good as the old models?? Thanx, Pete

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    They are just as good, and I'd actually say I somewhat prefer the newer models. The newer models use an aluminum tweeter and are a bit brighter than the Zero or One, but they are still just as well built and clean sounding.

3. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Check out post 5 in this thread:

http://forum.adnm.com/viewtopic.php?t=415

Looks like the current SB series is going to be updated. This thread is from an NHT dealer's forum.

BTW, I use a pair of SB3's, augmented with a sub in my 2CH rig. Wonderful loudspeakers, IMHO.

Brian

4. Pete Gia

Pete Gia Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the responses. Those SB3 look really nice. I`m using two Super Ones in my 2-channel rig ,and Super Zeros for my modest HT setup. Using the same sub for both. My son needs a decent set of speakers,so I think I`ll get him a pair of SB2 for Xmas. Just wanted to make sure that no radical changes have been made in the design. I love NHT. Had a pair of Paradigm foor-standers back in the day, and they sounded very good also. Like the bookshelf w/ sub setup better because of the ability to dial the bass in "just right". Best Regards---------Pete