What's new

NHT 2.5i and which Subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

JimG

Auditioning
The NHT 2.5i (tower) goes low (mfg. rating around 29 Hz).

So what subwoofer do you match it with to get HT punch AND music integration?

The 2.5i handles music just fine (it makes TV sound tracks come alive also) even at the low end (has an 8" ported woofer).

Looking for a sub that also has the same kindof clean bass with more SPL for HT.

Anyone dealt with this problem?

Robin Casady

Agent
I'm using an SVS 25-31PC Plus with NHT 2.5i mains, four 1.5 surrounds, and an AC1 center. Music base sounds great to me.

Phill O

Stunt Coordinator
I to have the NHT 2.5i speakers and searching for a decent subwoofer. Perhaps the SVS, Hsu, or Adire offerings may suit
your needs. I have been considering a DIY sealed sub with a low Q and that Linkawitz Transformer Circuit.
I was listening to DJ Rap's "Learning Curve" when the ninth track "Go" was playing there where two good low points that shook the house:) They sound great with that Nora Jones album as well. I should they sound great with allot of music. At least for me anyway:D

Young Jun

Auditioning
You may also consider giving the woofer section of your 2.5i's an extra boost by biamping them, e.g. with the NHT SA-2 subwoofer amps. Note that this amp has a volume control so that you can even boost your bass beyond natural levels. That may satisfy all your bass needs.

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator
Since your mains do mid bass pretty well, I'd concentrate on a sub that has a lot of clean output down low. An SVS CS Ultra, a VMPS Larger sub, or a Stryke sub from Link Removed - I had a blueprint 1503 based sub built by them for me, and the performance down low is probably in the top .1% of single driver subs. Mid bass and upper bass is relatively easy to do with regular woofers, but low bass requires moving a LOT or air, so go with a sub that has a big driver (I prefer 15 inch sub drivers) and a lot of excursion, in a fairly large box w/plenty of amp power (just general rules of thumb here).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks