What's new

NHT 1259 Sub (1 Viewer)

Jacob Fuller

Auditioning
Does anyone have any experience with this subwoofer driver (it is offered at Madisound)? I am in the planning stage for my upcoming home setup and I am stumped on the sub setup... these NHTs are one of the few subs that can achieve an F3 of ~30Hz in a sealed box so they look promising. I would be using two of them if I decide to go that route.

I also thought about the Dayton Titanic 1200, which I have used in car audio before. I no longer have the driver that I used but I do recall it being a very nice sub. But I wonder if the NHT may be an even better choice.

I would prefer to stay sealed if possible since I have always been a big fan of sealed boxes and the benefits they provide.

FYI the rest of the system plan looks like this so far:

Sansui AU-517 Amplifier *
RCA 5-Disc CD Player *
Behringer DEQ2496 Ultra Curve

80-200Hz
2x 15" Eminence built midbass drivers (not stock models) *
200-2.5kHz
PHL 3451 10" Midrange Driver
2.5kHz+
Hi-Vi RT2-II Isodynamic Planar Tweeter

-- I will be using the Optical out on the CD Player to utilize the DAC in the Behringer unit.

* = I already have this equipment

Any comments or suggestions on the setup would be appreciated!

- Jacob Fuller

Jacob Fuller

Auditioning
I will do a search, thank you for the links :)

I plan to build the enclosure myself and the sub amp setup is undecided. I am looking at the plate amp offerings by Adire but also thinking about doing a DIY amp kit if I can get the PCB for the AV800 kit by Anthony Holton (no response to my e-mails yet).

- Jacob

Jacob Fuller

Auditioning
Jack,

I hadn't looked at that driver.. it also has a 30Hz F3. I will have to seriously consider that one! Thank you.

- Jacob

Jacob Fuller

Auditioning
Thanks Jack, you just helped me make up my mind on what subwoofer driver I will be using :) Now I need to decide if I want to spring for four of them or just use two of them... two should be sufficient for my home listening tastes and I can always add more later I suppose :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cabinguy
Recent bookmarks