NHL2K3 too fast online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I just received this yesterday, played a few Offline games and I was impressed, I dialed the speed back a bit cause I prefer realistic skating speeds. I tried a game last night online and was aghast how fast it was. I tried dialing down the speed with my opponent, but it seems like the gamespeed control has no affect when online. This really ruins the game for me I cannot stand the players buzzing around like flies. Does anyone have any info on slowing this game down online. BTW no lag on gameplay but the voice comm is choppy as hell.

2. Brian J Dupuis

Brian J Dupuis Second Unit

Hey Dave,
    What you'll find online is a pretty even split between people who desire to play at speed 10 with no penalties, icing, offsides, two-line passes, or anything that approaches what makes a real hockey game, and those who refuse to play on anything higher than speed 1 and would probably nitpick over whether Fedorov would actually be in a line against Sundin, and what kind of cretin would be running a positional offense over triangular anyhow?! [​IMG]
    That said, I usually play at about speed 3, which is, by the game creators' own admission, still a wee bit faster than NHL skaters could actually skate. With this settings, I haven't noticed any "angry hornet" skaters or anything unacceptable playwise. What speeds did you try?

3. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I've played a few games and I think it's up to the Host machine as to what the speed of the game is. I had the setting at 0 on mine and the other person pretty much went into a seizure... He raised it to 5 before I could even say a word.

Oh, well.

Glen

4. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

5. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

I was wondering if you can only play one on one? Can two people play per X Box etc...?

6. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

You can have up to 4 people on a box.