What's new

NHL2K3 Online What the ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Heck was sega thinking when they designed the "Create Optimatch" portion of the game? First off let me say I like the game on the realistic side. When I play I dial the Gamespeed back to 0 or 1. All the Kids online are playing on 8 ! It's too damn fast. I cannot find a game with the parameters I want so I figure no Problemo, let me create a game tailored to me and they can play me if they want. Well Sega inall their wisdon lets the Joiner of the game have full control over the options so the first things they always do is crank the Game Spped to 8 or Higher, and then start cranking the other settings too. Hey I'm the host I should control the Game settings and there should not be an option for them to do anything about it. Theres a million other games at warp speed out there they can join one of those. This truly wrecks the games online potential for me.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Just have to be more selective with who you play. Add me to your list and we can move the puck back and forth at a slower pace. I'm currently playing my franchise on speed 1. It seems fine for the time being.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
I'd love to play you guys sometimes. I enjoy a nice slow game. My gamertage is henry296. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my friends list.

Todd

Jason Price

Second Unit
I just got this game for Xmas, so I'd be up for some games with you guys, at whatever speed you want. Doesn't make a difference to me, as I'm still learning the game... :)

Yeah, this is killing me. I'll set up a game under the title "realism," with offsides turned on and game speed set at 2. Some punk joins in, turns off offsides and icing, then cranks the speed up to 10.

And the real kicker is that if I decide I don't want to play said creep, I get a drop and a loss.

Feel free to add me to your friends list. I'm under "addixion."

-A.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
I'm game for some quality games, as are the people in the NHL2K3 league list, I'm sure. I'm a sucker for a good, hard-fought game at a realistic pace :).

Joe michaels

Second Unit
You have a headset why not tell the person you want to play that you would like to keep the settings you have or at least agree upon something.
Or better yet, do what they do. Join a game and then change THERI settings. :D

Damien

Supporting Actor
is anyone else having a problem of getting dropped right when the puck is first dropped?? happened to me about 10 times and is very annoying.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
The "first puck drop disconnect" is very common. The best way to combat this is to create a brand new player profile and use that as your online profile. The only thing you should change is your control type (e.g. Basic, Intermediate, Advanced) and never remap your controller. To create a brand new player profile, reboot the Xbox and create the profile as your very first action, otherwise the profile is copied from the current one instead of being "fresh".
Obviously, this only helps if your opponent is equally aware of this, that's why it's helpful to have a good Friends List to play against who know of these issues. Playing the "rabble" is often an exercise in frustration since many people don't know how to deal with these issues.
Good luck.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Brian,

Thanks for the tip. Doesn't that mean though that you will be playing with the default settings other than game speed and penalties which you set up when creating a match?

Thanks
Todd

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Yessiry bobcat. You're welcome to diddle with other things and see if it works for you... I personally haven't, as the defaults are okay for me for a little online fun. It would be best to find a like-minded individual and just try out a whole lot of different crap and see if you have problems.
What's absolutely certain is that if you modify your controller layout, you will get dropped. Without a doubt. Other things may contribute, but haven't been absolutely guaranteed to cause problems. I was just providing the easiest way to make certain that you aren't the cause of the drop :).

Jason Price

Second Unit
The "first puck drop disconnect" is very common. The best way to combat this is to create a brand new player profile and use that as your online profile. The only thing you should change is your control type (e.g. Basic, Intermediate, Advanced) and never remap your controller. To create a brand new player profile, reboot the Xbox and create the profile as your very first action, otherwise the profile is copied from the current one instead of being "fresh".
I think Sega needs to work on their online playtesting a bit - haven't exactly had a lot of luck this go around. First, in NFL2k3, you can't have different audio settings, then in NHL2k3, you can't have different control settings. Are they using monkeys to test these games? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks