NHL Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KrisM, Mar 19, 2002.

1. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

What do you all think of your team's last minute deals? I myself am happy to finally see Tom Poti moved. I'm not a big fan of his but the biggest reason is there has been too much of a cloud surrounding the Oilers on this issue. I am curious about what all you Ranger fans think of losing Mike York. I know he is a 57 point player this season, but I haven't had too many opportunities to see him play. I think the Oil will miss Rem Murray though.

Regards

KrisM

2. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

I didn't even know it happened. Did the NY Rangers come through to try and make that eighth spot?

3. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

It happened this afternoon. Tom Poti and Rem Murray for Mike York and a draft pick(I think 4th round). I think after the Pavel Bure deal, it is safe to say the Rangers and dying to get in the playoffs. I think after all the money Glen Sather is throwing around, it would be kinda funny if the Rangers missed the playoffs again. What is their payroll these days anyway?

KrisM

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

^

Lots of interesting trades including the Devils giving up Jason Arnott and Randy Mckay and a first round pick to the Stars in exchange for Jamie Langunbrunner and Joe Nieuwendyk.

The Flyers added Adam Oats.

The Avalanche got Darius Kasparitus.

and

The Blue goes Ray Ferraro.

Lots of suprising deals if I do say so myself.

5. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I didn't even know about the Devils/Stars deal.
    My team, the habs only picked up Bill Lindsay off waivers from Florida(good grinder, we needed that). They also picked up Stephane Fiset from the Kings in exchange for a conditional draft pick. We also needed a back-up for the last push to the play-offs now that Jeff Hackett is hurt. I would have liked to see them go for a Kasparitus or Tom Poti but I guess that did not pan out. As for the Rangers making the play-offs, Puhlease. They've got less chemistry than a... low chemisty thing(I know, I need to go to Simile school [​IMG] )

6. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

As much as I would love to see it, I wouldn't count the Rangers out just yet. They're only 2 points out with 12 games left. Anything could happen. Then again Bure could float the rest of the year and Poti could continue to cough up the puck on a regular basis and they could finish in 12th.[​IMG]
    Regards
    KrisM

7. Grant B

Grant B Producer

The sharks have been active for the last few years at this time, but looks like this year they are keeping the team.

Too bad about Hacket, I always liked him when he was a shark....back when they really sucked.

Should be interesting and I would lov e too see the Wings get dumped in the 1st round.

See Hasek get drilled like he did in Buffalo

BTW hey are showing games in HD on HDNet on DirectTV

8. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

9. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

10. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Welcome to Philadelphia, Mr. Oates! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]