NHL Playoffs in HD??????

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Jeff Adams, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I just got hdtv 2 weeks ago. I remember hearing that a lot of NHL games,in particular NHL playoff games were broadcast in HDTV. Where are they???? The only game I have seen in HD was a Calgary/Los Angeles game on HDNET over a week ago. Are there going to be some playoff games in HD anytime soon?

2. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

ESPN HD is carrying one game from each series. Sometimes two per day.

I was never really impressed with ESPN HD wit regards to hockey, even on HD Net it never did seems as good as Football or other sports.

However the Wings/Nashville game was incredible, way more detail and color than the other HD games I've seen. I suspect this was real HD and not upconverted 480p content like Fox.

I was disappointed that ABC/Fox are not doing HD but I suspect past the first round and for sure the finals that they will all be HD on ABC, at least I hope.

3. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

If you get ESPN HD, I think they are broadcasting the Wings/Preds game tomorrow night.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

NESN broadcasts the Red Sox in HD; I'm not sure if the Bruins are getting the same treatment.

5. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Cool, I'll definately check it out.

6. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Yup, home games in HD, away playoff games in fake HD, broadcast on INHD2 (channel 882). Don't know what they'll do if a home Sox game conflicts with a home Bruins game.

7. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Just an update. Looks like tonights (4/26/04) Avs/Sharks game 3 is going to be on ESPNHD as well as game 4 on 4/28/04.