NHL 2K3 -- Hard to score ?!!?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikePeroni, Dec 4, 2002.

1. MikePeroni

MikePeroni Stunt Coordinator

First let me say I love this game so far(x-box), the graphics rule, and its very close to real hockey..
    But... I can hardly score in this game! Ive just been playing the computer for about a week, using all default settings and I swear every game is 1-0, or 2-1... What ever happened to the ol' 5-4 thriller?? I dont know, the goalies seem so awesome! Am I not using one timers enough? Please help me find the twine boys!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Dedrick

Dedrick Agent

When I first got this game I couldn't score at all. Now I'm playing it on all-star and get five goals a game. One-timers don't really score very often for me. Try coming up the right wing with a right-handed player and while you move toward the middle hold down the shoot button and wrist it into the far corner, I've scored a lot of goals this way.
    Cross-ice passes and shots from the defense right off the face-off work well too.

3. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

I can also score pretty well but I've yet to try Hall Of Fame. I usually play Pro but with the goalie setting all the way to end as well as the offense and defense sliders. This gives the A.I. the advantage.

4. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

What I found and it sounds like the others did also is manual aim. Auto aim sucks.. with auto aim I had a 5OT 1-0 game. Boring. Last night I had a 5-1 thrashing of the sharks. much much more fun since I turned autoaim off.

5. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

I'm having some difficulty getting some net as well. i have the goalie slider at 1, the offense at 7, and defense at 4 and still cannot get 2 goals yet. I do admit I don't follow hockey, and am used to EA and Midway's offerings. Then I am trying to slow the game down as well. I have NEVER seen a cpu opponent play d like they do in this game, you'll be stuck with a 1-4 numerous times if your not careful. Maybe it's the fact that I got the game last night or something. Does the advanced control option make a difference? Or does playing a human yield different results?

6. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    Damien, if you haven't already, go visit Thunderpuck. They are one of the best places to go for hockey video game info. They are really helpful. They also have a whole section dedicated the NHL2k3. I have yet to get this game. I received NHL 2003 for Xmas, but I'll be returning it and getting 2k3 when I get a chance.

7. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

Hokey scores are rarely 42-17

8. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

I remember playing NHL '94 for Super Nintendo and I had a 76 - 0 win once. [​IMG]
    Just takes time to learn how to score in a new hockey game. The first game I played on NHL2K3 I won 4 - 1. That's about what a real score should be.

9. WillY

WillY Stunt Coordinator

I read that the developers said that playing with an increased speed setting will allow for more one timers. Also, playing on Pro level, the player stats actually apply. All star level will make everyone on your team a super star...

10. Todd Henry

Todd Henry Second Unit

I am playing on Pro and the computer is getting very little hits and penalties. Is this common? I am talking about like 5 hits in a 8 minute period game.

Todd