What's new

NHL 2012-13 Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Aaron Silverman said:
That rat fink Karmanos belongs in the hall of SHAME.
I know some people resent him for relocating the Hartford Whalers, but Karmanos's contributions to U.S. hockey go way beyond his ownership of an NHL team. He's been the driving force behind the Compuware youth hockey organization for almost 40 years, which is one of the top youth programs in the country. Some of the alumni from that program include Eric Lindros, Pat Lafontaine, Mike Modano, David Legwand, Al Iafrate, Kevin Hatcher, Derian Hatcher, Adam Graves, and James Wisniewski.

Karmanos also brought Canadian major junior hockey to the U.S. for the first time in 1990, with the OHL expansion Detroit Compuware Ambassadors. This team would later be renamed the Detroit Junior Red Wings, and eventually become the current Plymouth Whalers.

He also owns the Florida Everblades of the ECHL. So, Karmanos is involved with the sport at all levels, from youth to major junior to professional minor league to the NHL.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,I'm happy that Gretzky is with the Bruins. I think this will be a good fit for him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/

Okay, so it was Keith Gretzky, and the 'good fit' is a promotion to director of amateur scouting. I have to do something to get my summer time NHL fix. ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yes, the hockey news is pretty slow this time of year, Scott. The free agents have been signed, and everyone is just waiting for training camp to open. The season will be upon us sooner than we expect, though. The Whalers home opener just is four weeks from this Saturday! Summer is almost over. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks