What's new

NHL 2012-13 Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Given this post and my last one in this thread, one might get the impression that I scour the Web for events like these. Well, I don't, but as I've been reading a lot about hockey (both the AHL and NHL) lately, I came across this today. Sad to say the least.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9392069/edmonton-oilers-prospect-kristians-pelss-20-confirmed-dead

On another note, that was another great game last night. I have rarely seen Boston that lackluster in a period (period one) before, but they completely outplayed the Blackhawks in overtime. That was a good win, and although they have come back from 0-2 to win the Cup before, I like the fact that the series is tied at this point. In my heart I have the Bruins winning this series in six games, but my mind says it most likely will go the distance.Go Bruins!

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
It is tragic to hear about that Dallas Star, especially at such a young age. Just hard to believe!

With Game 2, I was thinking "here we go again", with another overtime. Luckily for one of them, it only took one OT.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That is very sad about the two prospects, Scott. A couple of years ago, a young player from the Windsor Spitfires of the OHL died tragically, too. It is so terrible to read about events like this.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,

I know you're not necessarily following the AHL, but the Griffins, after having won the first three games against the Syracuse Crunch, have now dropped two straight, and lead the Calder Cup Finals 3-2. Game six is tomorrow night in Syracuse.

There is a lot of air time being devoted to the team over in the western part of our state. From what I've been hearing on various local sports programs, the crowds and enthusiasm for the Griffins' home games have been exceptional.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Scott,

It's great that the Griffins are drawing so much interest in western Michigan. It's nice to see communities embrace minor and major junior league teams. I tried to talk my wife into attending a Griffins game this season when we stayed in Grand Rapids for a couple of nights over the Christmas break, but she wanted to do something different, as we attend so many Whalers games. We ended up going to a dueling pianos bar instead, which was also a lot of fun.

The Bruins are coming alive at just the right time, but I will not count out the Blackhawks yet, especially after they were able to come back from 3-1 against Detroit..

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,Yeah, I'm not counting out Chicago yet either. But I think if Boston goes up 3-1, they will win this series in six games. And the Bruins are also capable of winning game seven on the road if need be, as Vancouver can attest. (I think I read where seventeen players from Boston's 2011 Stanley Cup team are still with them.)

Boston has killed over twenty-seven consecutive power plays (dating back to the Pittsburgh series). That's impressive, especially when you consider that we're talking about Pittsburgh and Chicago.

Jagr has been giving this team a boost at some opportune times. His pass last night across the crease to Bergeron was ... Seguin-esque. ;) It was a thing of beauty, along the same lines as the pass from Seguin to Paille in game two.

And speaking of which, the line of Kelly, Seguin, and Paille has really jelled thus far, and it is really a treat to watch. I hope they can keep it going and that the B's will win game four.

Go Bruins!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I really like what Campbell has to say about some of his experiences when he came to the Bruins.

"When I got traded to Boston, I thought it was tailor-made to my game the way this team exemplifies the heart and soul of what a hockey player should be made of. I was proud to come to this team and play hard for this team every night," said Campbell.

Let's go Bruins! :)

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=18531&navid=DL|BOS|home

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Aaron,

Yeah, I couldn't believe that shot last night. I really don't like rooting against Ray Allen, but I must. ;)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Eleven goals? Are you kidding me? I have no idea how this series is going to turn out at this point. I can easily see Boston or Chicago winning it in either six or seven games. How's that? ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Ockeghem said:
Eleven goals? Are you kidding me? I have no idea how this series is going to turn out at this point. I can easily see Boston or Chicago winning it in either six or seven games. How's that? ;)
Way to go out on a limb on that prediction, Scott! :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,

Well, I didn't want to rule out the possibility of divine intervention ending the series prematurely. ;)

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
Well, the Leafs just landed Bernier from L.A. : http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/06/23/sp-nhl-hockey-maple-leafs-jonathan-bernier.html

Not sure how happy I am with the trade. Reimer played great for us last season, and just about got us past Boston, except for the last 5 minutes of game 7 ( when his defense completely collapsed ). Bernier has the potential to be a great goaltender, and was sick of being backup under Quick, but I don't see how this doesn't just complicate things for Toronto. Now we have a potential goaltender controversy going into next season. In an ideal world they would make a great tandem, but I doubt that will be the scenario. We now have two guys that are starting goalies, and one of them isn't going to be happy Either Reimer, who by all accounts deserves the spot, or Bernier, who just left being a backup and doesn't want to be one any more.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
okay that was a little amazing to give up 2 goals in 17 seconds late in the third. I'm visiting my aunt in Chicago right now. You might imagine she's lost her mind. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks