What's new

NHL 2003 for the Xbox has horrible jerky gameplay. (1 Viewer)

Dedrick

Agent
Me and my brother have been waiting for this for a while so we can have our daily battles and while the game seems to be a lot better than last year. But, when graphics come on the screen, when the puck goes for icing, when the both teams are on the screen the game jumps, we have tried all the camera angles and everything and the broadcast doesn't skip like the others. We took it back and exchanged it for another one and it still does the same thing. Anybody else having this problem on the Xbox or other systems?

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure it's just a problem with the game. The PS2 version slows down if there are too many players on the screen also, and EA hasn't exactly been putting thier best efforts towards the XBox.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Almost picked it up yesterday, but there's no indication on the box of whether it supports 16:9 aspect ratio or not. Can anyone tell me, 'cause I need hockey!

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
You know, after reading this post, & seeing other efforts by EA for the Xbox...(don't get me started on online support either) - well screw them!
This only makes me support Sega & others more.
Calvin
(I have to remember to look at who's signed in!)
:D

Kami

Screenwriter
Damn...I was worried about this. IGN mentioned it but didn't make it seem this bad. I want a hockey game badly...looks like I'll have to skip this though. EA must be throwing quality control out the window....

Low frame rates are totally unacceptable. Look at some other spectacular looking games on the Xbox that don't even have a hiccup.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Basically, I have to agree with Dedrick. The gameplay has "hiccups" to it. It definitely does not run velvety smooth. Overall, I'd recommend current nhl2002 owners to hang on to their games. I enjoyed the 2002 version better. Again, my impressions are very early of this game, but this fascination EA has with utilizing the right analog stick for special moves in their sports games has me underwhelmed. Am I really supposed to be bowled over by this supposedly great advance in gameplay. Talk about hyperbole.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
You know, after reading this post, & seeing other efforts by EA for the Xbox...(don't get me started on online support either) - well screw them!
This only makes me support Sega & others more.
I 100% agree with this statement. Why do XBOX owners continue to buy EA product knowing full well that the PS2 version will be much better? It is not like EA is the only company releasing good sports software on the XBOX. Sega's sports titles on the XBOX have been excellent this year. If you want EA to change, stop buying EA's XBOX releases until they are at least on par with the PS2 versions.

Chris

P.S. I actually own EA's Madden 2003 - for my PS2. For my XBOX I own Sega's NFL 2k3.

Dedrick

Agent
Please do not buy this game. Not only does it jerk all the time but the gameplay is absurd. The dekes are out of control, you could fake out Lidstrom with Todd Fedoruk. I was hoping for 16:9 also, but it's not and it sounds like shit. This is an ugly piece of trash. Hopefully Sega can give us the game that we have been wanting, because this certainly is not it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks