Nforce boards -- where does the monitor plug in??

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Rob Varto, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Im putting together a computer for my dad. To save costs, we went with an Nforce type board - an Asus A7N8X-X to be exact. This is going to sound really stupid, but since the video is on-board, how do I plug in my monitor?? There isn't an input for my cable from the monitor. I feel like an idiot for asking this question , Im just dumbfounded. Im prepared to plug in an old video card, but that can't be the proper solution. Thanks in advance!!:b

2. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

This board does not have on-board video. Nvidia is the chipset for the board itself. You will still have to add a video card.

3. Thomas J. Coyle III

Thomas J. Coyle III Stunt Coordinator

Hi Rob

I just installed this motherboard in my home file server and indeed this motherboard does need an AGP 8X video card. Make sure that it is a 1.5v type because a 3.3v will not work. I am presently using an Nvidia 5200 AGP card that I got for $69.
    Regards,
    TCIII

4. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

To be exact, you can get Nforce boards with either integrated Geforce graphics or without. Similarly, you can get other features either integrated or optional.

5. Rob Varto

Yeah, stupid me. I just assumed that with an NForce board, you got the graphics integrated no matter what. Not a problem though - I had an old video card lying around.

6. Rob Varto

I also have some Kingston Value in this board - I'll keep my eye on it. Thanks for the info!