NFL2K4 is coming!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith Frederick, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Keith Frederick

Keith Frederick Stunt Coordinator

I started a thread on another forum looking for suggestions for next year's NFL2K. I forwarded the URL to Visual Concepts. Here are the compiled results of that thread. Please chime in with more suggestions:
    • I'd lower the chance of the ball being knocked out after the receiver catches it!!!!
    • Online Season!
    • Online Tournaments!
    • Easier Playbook Building
    • Ability to save in-progress games and play them later
    • Defenders shouldn't try to make an interception from 10 feet away
    • On XBLive, people shouldn't be able to pause the game forever by leaving it on replay or on the kickoff
    • Allow the defensive player to bring up the defensive play (like on offense) by holding the trigger buttons
    • A lineman shouldn't be able to catch a wide receiver
    • Allow player to take control of a receiver, run any route, and have the the quarterback throw it
    • You should be able to change your defense out of punt formation without having to call a timeout.
    • There should be some sort of median speed/arch between a lob pass and a bullet pass
    • Quarterbacks shouldn't be able to break as many tackles
    • There should be a way on defense to face the ball so you can back pedal when trying to get the interception... they have this in NBA2K3
    • Gang Tackling like in NFL Gameday
    • More severe injuries during games
    • Sideline tip-toe catch and recoveries like in NFL Gameday
    • Ability to challenge referee calls
    • Ability to grab hold of runner (shirt, leg, waist)

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    My biggest gripe with the NFL2k series is when receivers fail to catch the ball because they don't get both feet in bounds. It happens way too often. I swear the receiver can be wide open catching the ball at the back of the end zone with one foot in bounds by two yards and still fail to get the second foot in.

3. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

- plug-pulling resulting in both teams getting a win on XBox Live has to be fixed.

- Automatically accepting Delay of Game penalties should be removed (allowing your defense to decline them would remove another XBox Live exploit)

- Fix the Win-Loss-Drop system. A win should be a win. A loss or a menu selected quit should be only a loss. A plug pull or disconnect should be a loss and a drop. Currently you get a drop if you select QUIT from the menu. Doesnt make sense to me. If I am getting killed by 40 points I should be able to resign without getting a drop. Again, plug pulling needs to be remedied...

- Pause time should be limited even more while online. Maybe 5 or 10 pauses per game, each one limited to 90 seconds.

- Camera's should be completely seperate for each online player. Each player should be able to choose thier own camera angle. Also, pulling the trigger buttons to pull back the camera should not affect your opponents view. People do this all the time on Field Goals to make it hard to kick.

- Should be able to save your audibles so you dont have to pick them every game. Should work both on XBox Live and single player.

- Should be able to save a custom depth chart, again both for Live and solo play. I hate starting each online game and waiting while my opponent makes substitutions and sets audibles!

Jeff

4. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

My biggest gripe by far is when recievers clearly catch the ball and then are hit and loss possesion. They need just lower the percentage of times the ball reaches the WR(but it can't be like Madden where you have your feet clearly planted and miss, but you shouldn't be able to run and complete passes with Brett Favre for example)

5. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

FIX THE WIDESCREEN OVERSCAN PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are several people out there, inclusing myself, who have seen this problem. It is supposed to be a widescreen game, but in full mode on my Toshiba 50H81, there are small black bars, especially on the left and right sides.

6. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

I will go for anything that helps the receivers catch the ball better. Like when the actually catch it and then take a step and then the ball is knocked lose but it isn't a fumble.

Custom depth charts and audible editing before a game starts so the other person can't see your audibles.

Fix the pauses like Starcraft did, 3 per game, then it doesn't work anymore.

Instead of a Quit option how about a resign option.

7. BenS

BenS Stunt Coordinator

A play editor similiar to this years Madden.

8. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Online Fantasy Leagues. I bet if they do this before Madden does they will trump Madden.

9. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

10. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

11. Tony Mirra

Tony Mirra Stunt Coordinator

-Motion on offense. Some plays have it, but I want to be able to send any receiver in motion any time I want.

-More sacks! It is impossible to sack the QB without blitzing, and even then it's difficult. I've sent 3 men in addition to the defensive line, and still have a hard time getting the QB.

12. Marc_E

Marc_E Supporting Actor

13. Andrew Grall

Make it so that preseason games put in your 2nd/3rd string players and gives them a chance to develop.

14. Andrew Grall

Make it possible to make formation substitutions in the franchise game-plan without having to do it at the beginning of each game.

Make it possible to put players in the depth chart at any position. For example, a guard should be able to be a backup at tackle. In this year's game, after the roster update, they have Mike Flanigan of the Packers as a tackle. This is incorrect. He is a center playing at tackle because of injuries.