NFL Sunday Ticket package....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lanny M, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Lanny M

Lanny M Agent

I just spoke to DirecTV about this package. It seems that you have to sign a 1 year contract at a minimum of $31.99 a month just to have the ability to order any other type of package.

A few years ago, they had a package for $4.99 a month that consisted of program guides and some news channels, and you could then order PPV and add sports packages...

Was this rep misinformed, or have they really raised the price for me to watch football to over $500 a year?

2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I am not sure where you are comming from but when I got Direct TV I had to sign a 1 year lease not to get NFL ST but just to be able to have it turned on. A one year lease is nothing if you ask me.

That 31.99 is just a basic cable package and I would assume you would be getting some sort of viewing package anyway, unless you just bought DTV for football and absolutely nothing else. Were you thinking it was 31.99 on top of your viewing package?

Also, I thought that they still had there one time special for new DTV owners where if you get NFL ST you get the Platinum Package free for the first 4 months.

3. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Once upon a time, you could get DirecTV solely for the Sunday Ticket package, and that's about all you had to pay for. I don't know if it's still that way or not...

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    they do not have ala' carte packages anymore you have to have a minumum program package that does come to around $32 a month.
    but i dont think you have to have that to get the football package.
    that is considered a minimum package by itself.
    directv is notorious for the customer reps being greatly un-informed about their very own services.
    most times it is needed to called 2-5 times before you get a rep that is knowledgable and can help.
    call again, and if you get the same answer politely say no thank you and then call again.
    also check www.avsforum.com for many threads about directv csr problems.

5. Lanny M

Lanny M Agent

6. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I forgot that you would need several recievers if you had DTV, I live by myself so I never think of that situation. Now I can see where you are comming from.

I thought my picture quality last year was quite good, it was as good as all my other channels. NFL ST might of been a little bit washed out but IMO it wasn't a problem at all.

7. Michael St. Clair

8. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

I was going to say, isnt that an oxymoron?

-- Matt

9. Michael St. Clair

10. Lanny M

Lanny M Agent

I have seen a few channels of DirecTV look really good. The channels I'm mainly interested in, NFL ST (for me) and locals (for my wife) aren't so hot.
    My analog cable has been very good, except for some noise bars rolling through the last couple of weeks. They're gone the last two days though, hopefully for good.
    Anyway, call #2 to attempt to get NFL ST only also ended in failure. This rep also said a contract is required[​IMG].
    What will probably end up happening is that ATT will pick up NFL ST next year, but I'll have to "upgrade" to digital cable, which in this area is very poor, perhaps even worse than the DirecTV locals I saw the other day.

11. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

I must have never lived in one of those areas, for the last 15years when I had cable in various spotts of the nation it was chock full of ingress, ghosting, etc..

I am not trying to start a flame war or anything. Just haven't been happier since moving to DirecTv

-- Matt

12. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

I could be wrong but I think you have to sign up for one year if you don't have your own access card and you want DTV to send you one. This applies to many people that have just bought a new system, since the access cards are no longer included with the receiver. If you have you own access card, (purchased from eBay, a friend it came with the use receiver you bought etc.), I think you can call and activate your account without the one year requirement. All of this is part of DTVs' attempt to limit piracy.