NFL Network stealing your games? Not for SIRIUS listeners

Chris

Senior HTF Member
A lot of people talk about the best benefits of Satellite radio.. this month has been an absolute boon for NFL junkies who have SIRIUS. With many of us not having DISH/DIRECTTV to get NFL Ticket, you're blocked out of seeing the Thursday night games.

Except for SIRIUS listeners, who still get the radio version. While not a game between great teams, last night's game between Green Bay and Minnesota was great on the Radio
And I'm sure gamblers, Fantasy Sports addicts and others are discovering that rather then supplement their cable with a dish, it's far cheaper to just get SIRIUS.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Chris, Sirius is great for the choice of NFL games, and also we
have our choice of which city's radio team to tune into. The NFL
channel on Sirius (channel 124) does a great job of keeping the
fan informed of what's going on throughout the league.

I thought the NFL ticket was exclusive to DirecTV, and the Dish Network
didn't offer the 14 games a week.

harryk

Auditioning
Real Name
Harrold
Yea this is nicer than missing the game completely... but i wish i could get the video

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Here's another one:

Fan of Rutgers or Kansas State U? You either have the NFL Network or SIRIUS. There will be no national broadcast of the game on radio (ie, no westward one feed) and there will be NO Local broadcast of the game in either markets. The game is exclusively NFL Network.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

It's Westwood One.

And that's just crazy. The NFL has a policy of carrying their own cable-based games (read ESPN and NFL Network) on an OTA local channel in the home and road markets. Just not for other live programming, huh?

Blu

Screenwriter
While I do wish I could listen online to the NFL channel's games I am capable of sitting out in my vehicle and listening

Our cable company hasn't seen fit to offer the NFL channel yet

Carter of Mars

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Carter
I wish we could get the Westwood One broadcast on-line with Sirius, but it's still a great feature.

Brent T

Second Unit
Even if you have the NFL Network, I can give you one reason to still listen to Sirius...

GUMBLE

Blu

Screenwriter
I've heard that Gumble isn't a good announcer at all.
Colin Cowherd has talked about him on his show and thought he made too many mistakes and that his attitude was a bit condescending.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Gumble makes statements that are just.. strange. I can't even put a finger on it. It's not just that he's wrong at times, it's that he's so wrong that it's hard to think about WTF he's saying. He'll throw something out there like this one:

"Well, that had to be a great play by Derrick Johnson, a young Chiefs player.. wait, that wasn't Derrick Johnson that was #27 on a good play, Johnson recovered the ball. That's Ty Law.."

Wait, you didn't know who the players were, and because the players changed it went from a "great" to a "good" play?

Brent T

Second Unit
BGum is just horrid. Its as if he is a rookie in broadcasting. He called Frank Gore Al Gore more then one time, makes mistakes so often that its comical and his voice just sounds awkward when he does his play by play.

Believe it or not he makes the NFL Network games almost unwatchable.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Bgum doesn't add ANYTHING to the games, I tune him out.

Not so enamored with the Sunday Ticket anymore; as the season went on there were fewer and fewer games broadcast in HD. The last four weeks there were NONE. The prospect of a third season for me is very iffy at this point.

gjgman

Auditioning
Real Name
George Gan
If your talking about Directv..I've been getting all the games in HD...I can't figure what the problem is but like I said I had no problem with it.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lendrena