1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Fever vs Madden

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Ferguson, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

I saw that there is more people preordering NFL Fever 2002 over Madden, why is this?

2. JeffreyH

JeffreyH Stunt Coordinator

My bet is because most people already own Madden 2001. So maybe they're looking for something a bit different.

3. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

My guess is that they can't wait for SEGA Sports' NFL2K2 to come out on the X-Box. [​IMG]
    I hate the Madden series and I am questioning NFL Fever just because Microsoft is known for not putting out good sports games. If I were buying an X-Box, I would just wait for NFL2K2 to be released, if you can't wait, get Madden.
    -Dean-
    ------------------
    My HT Equipment
    "I've seen you and you are not cool."

4. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I noticed that nobody wanted to join in my Madden talk awhile back, but so far I love the game (or hate it if you don't like losing).
    I used to dominate Madden games, but this one is holding me off, at least at this point. I love all the features like hot routes or hot blocks on the fly for all receivers/backs, your choice of men in motion, route based passing instead of where the WR is currently headed, directional pump fakes, switching back out of passing mode to scramble, calling plays by either formation OR Go To Guy (which makes them the X receiver automatically). Tons of playbook options.
    I could play Madden 24x7 and not come close to exploring it all, just with the number of teams alone.
    Maybe I'm the idiot and 2002 sucks, but for me its one of the top 5 games I've played on PSX2 - SSX, Twisted Metal:Black, NBA Street, and GT3 being the other 4.
    I might rent Fever for a comparison, but I have no regrets on buying Madden.

5. Chad Ferguson

Right now I woud not go out and buy Fever personally but one problem I have with Madden is that they do not have Maximum Passing like NFl 2k series. I feel that it helps out so much. How is the PS2 of madden playing?

6. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

7. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

8. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Early feedback from Sportplanet.com reviewed the game as having a definite "arcade" feel to it. In other words, it's heavy on the offense and not as true to the sim roots as Madden is. IMO, if you adjust the sliders correctly on Madden, you'll get the best football game to date - computer or console. I've been playing football games since Micro League football for my C-64 so I hope to have some credibility. I am looking forward to Segas port of NFL2K2, however.

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

10. Chad Ferguson

Is Fever more arcade than Madden? I would think not with that new Player grade system they are adding. In the end, I want the one that plays the most realistic to a NFL game.
    P.S. Dolphins ROCK

11. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

Let me just add here...
    Madden 2002 for the PS2 is, by far, the best football game yet. It is a more polished version of last year's game. Better graphics, and MUCH improved AI.
    I saw a movie of NFL Fever, and I was underwhelmed... but I would have to see it in action to truly decide.
    I have been thinking about the X-Box, and we'll see... I might buy one if it seems worth while. It seemed a little more worthwhile when it was going to be progressive scan capable... but now... I'm not sure...
    ------------------
    View Dr. Grall's DVD collection