What's new

NFL Fever 2004 (Xbox) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I will be giving this title a serious look before I buy Sega's NFL 2k4.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/...w_6030294.html

Sounds like they have a great passing system, and the Xbox Sports Network is going to be great.

From the article linked above:

Interestingly, each player on XSN will be given a rating depending on how they interact with other players on the service. If you always start your games on time and you always finish them, you'll get a good rating, but if you disconnect or are constantly late for games, your rating will be significantly lowered.
This will hopefully address a major gripe with NFL 2k3...the rampant cheating/plug pulling.

Hopefully NFL Fever's gameplay can match that of Sega. If it is an arcade style game again this year it will be a shame.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I've never heard anything from microsoft about them making the gameplay more "realistic". The arcadey style found in Fever just doesn't appeal to me. XSN is appealing, but not enough to pull me over.

As far as the rampant cheating, you really have to find a decent group of guys to hang out with. there's numerous leagues and organizations for the committed, mature gamer that wants to avoid the troubles of a random lobby.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
There's another good article from IGN concerning nfl fever 2004.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/425/425119p1.html

I'll just post the following paragraph.

"After sitting in on a demo and finally getting my hands on a copy, what I can say right now are two things for sure. I can't stop playing it, and when I'm not playing, I'm walking around the office telling the other editors to check out the dramatically different, and already dramatically improved NFL Fever 2004. The game might still be early, but it's not too early to be impressed, and that's the general feeling I have. A feeling, to be honest, that surprises me more than anyone. "

I've never given fever too much of a consideration before, but, I'll definitely give it a look now. If fever is that much improved, I think Sega with their late release date with nfl2k4, ahem, I meant, ESPN Football, are going to be really hurting this year on the xbox. Madden will come in high and fever will come in low, and sega could be left hanging out to dry. It's too bad, because I like sega as a company, but, I've never been that much of a 2k fan. This year I ruled out madden because of the lack of online on the xbox, so 2k4 would've been a shoe-in. If fever pans out, I may not bother waiting for 2k4 to come out. Sorry, sega.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks