NFL Fever 2003 tidbits. . .

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon_H, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

Aug 25, 2001
    Saw display box for this at my local Gamespot today. The back of the box expressly listed these features:

Xbox Live

Xbox Live support is, of course, nothing new. But last year's game had no true widescreen, and HDTV support -- although it probably means just 480p -- is a curious thing to hype.

Still haven't decided whether I will pick this one up. I hardly played last year's version. I'm a Madden fan -- have already pre-ordered PS2 version for online play -- and if I pick up another NFL game it will likely be Sega's NFL 2K3. Microsoft would have to make some massive improvements to "Fever" for me to consider picking it up again.

Like 720p/1080i support, for instance. . . and MUCH better DB A.I. routines.
  2. ChristopherS

ChristopherS Second Unit

May 28, 2000
    Considering Fever is supposed to be released first, I have heard very little about this game. I am looking forward to Sega's NFL 2K3. It cannot be released soon enough for me. Just seeing how many times a person "quits" games before I actually start a game with them is enough of an upgrade for me to buy Sega's new game (plus I understand there are many more upgrades).

I never understood people buying more than one Pro version (they will own Madden, Fever, and/or NFL 2K3). I simply do not have enough time to get good with more than one version (actually I pretty much get killed every time I play online with my DC - but hope springs eternal!).

Still it does look like a great year for online football.

3. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

Oct 24, 1999
    I will be buying Fever, because of the Live feature. I need something to test it out one, and I have been looking for a good football game. It the last interview I read, they creators mentioned that they really focused on the IA especially for the passing game. Hope this helps!