What's new

NFL Fantasy Trade Advice Sought... (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
In my (non HTF) Fantasy League, just been offered a trade & I'm a quandry.
Been offered Terry Holt (StL) for Shaun Alexander (Sea).
I lack depth at WR position, but Holt has failed to really fire this season... It's a 12 team non-keeper league. Rest of my team:
QB Brooks, Aaron (QB-NO)
WR Carter, Cris (WR-Min)
WR Harrison, Marvin (WR-Ind)
WR Glenn, Terry (WR-NE)
RB Davis, StephenP (RB-Was)
RB Dillon, Corey (RB-Cin)
TE Chamberlain, Byron (TE-Min)
Bench McCardell, Keenan (WR-Jac)
Bench Minnis, MarvinDTD (WR-KC)
Bench Weinke, Chris (QB-Car)
Bench Smith, Maurice (RB-Atl)
Bench Alexander, Shaun (RB-Sea)
Bench Canidate, Trung (RB-StL)
------------------
Nothing In Particular
[Edited last by BrianB on October 15, 2001 at 11:43 AM]

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That's a tough one. Running backs are always a valuable commodity, and Holt has not been stellar. If there was a guarantee that Alexander would start for the rest of the season, I would not make the trade.
Looking at your roster, I think you are deeper at WR than RB. Other than Corey Dillon, you do not have a great back. However, you have Harrison, Carter and McCardell at WR, and now Glenn is also playing. Stephen Davis has been a huge disappointment, and figures to not put up big numbers in Washington's pathetic offense. I recently traded Davis and James Stewart for Eddie George, Willie Jackson and Richard Huntley.
I picked up Alexander on waivers after Watters was hurt. He's turned around my team. Hopefully he can hold onto the starting job when Watters returns in a month or so.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I would not pull the trigger on that trade. You are set at WR, but are a bit weak at the RB position. I would be starting Dillon and Alexander if I were you.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the advice, guys... I'm sticking with Alexander for now.
Davis only started this week because of the matchup against Dallas, and being unsure of whether Alexander would continue his good start...
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Well, why we are asking for fantasy football advise, I have a dilemna on who to start in place of Shaun Alexander (bye) this week. My choices are Troy Brown vs. Indy, Duce Staley vs. the Giants, or Tim Biakabutuka vs. Washington. I also have Richard Huntley and Derrick Mason, but have already ruled them out.
I am leaning towards Brown vs. a weak Indy defense since Staley is still not 100% from his injury and he's playing a tough Giant defense. However, Biakabutuka vs. a bad Washington team is tempting.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Scott - correct me if I'm wrong, but the players you are listing are a mix of WR & RB, correct??? Are you allowed to play either? If so, here are my thoughts:
Stay away from Biakabutuka. He may be playing Washington, but he looked DREADFUL against Indy last night. Staley hasn't done much this year and playing against the Giants, who shut down Faulk this week won't help. If Mason returns this week and is healthy he might light it up against the Lions decimated secondary. Otherwise, I think Brown is probably your best choice. He is not a "lock", but not a bad choice either. Just be aware that Glenn will be taking away some of his receptions!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Dennis,
Yes, those are a mix of WR's and RB's. In our league, we start one each of QB, RB, WR, TE and K. We also get three defensive players and three "offensive flex" players -- any combo of WR, RB and TE. I already have Eddie George at RB, Isaac Bruce at WR, and Curtis Conway and Willie Jackson at offensive flex. I need one more offensive flex to replace Alexander this weekend. BTW, Culpepper is my QB, and I am playing Cam Cleeland at TE (vs. Atlanta) over Chad Lewis this week (vs. Giants).
Mason would be a good play against the Lions depleted secondary, but he's been hobbled by a bad ankle and I must have the lineup set by Thursday (there's a Thursday night game this week). I think Brown may be my best bet, as you said. If Staley was healthy, I would be tempted to play him.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Do it, Brian! Shaun Alexander has been pretty consistant this year, atleast for me in my non-HTF league.

JeffDemum

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a trade question too !
QB Jim Miller, CHI
RB Mike Anderson, DEN
RB/WR Michael Pittman ARI
WR Rod Smith, DEN WR
WR Keyshawn Johnson, TB
TE Dwayne Carswell, DEN
K John Kasay, CAR K
D Cleveland Browns D
ROSTER: BENCH
Bench Fred Taylor, JAC
Bench Keenan McCardell, JAC
Bench Darnay Scott, CIN WR
Bench Doug Flutie, SD QB
Bench Tennessee Titans D
Bench Corey Dillon, CIN
Bench Richard Huntley, CAR
Bench Chris Weinke, CAR
Someone has offered me Aaron Brooks and Bubba Franks for Corey Dillon , i think it is a good deal on my part but i want to just ask some people to make sure . Im strong at RB with Taylor coming back soon and i know i need help at TE . So im asking this why ? Nevermind i convinced myself .

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Jeff,
I have to as this question....
Why the hell do you have Dillon on the bench and Pittman in your starting line-up? Dillon is a wwwaaaaaayyyyyyyy better back than Pittman. Also, I would not pull the trigger on that trade. Who knows how long Taylor will stay healthy.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Jody C Robins

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff
I would trade Taylor before I traded Dillon. Groin injuries can hamper a player for an entire season, Bocelli looks to be out for the season, and he wasn't exactly lighting things up before that. Maybe you can trade away Pittman instead?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Jeff,
You are weak at QB, so Brooks would be a definite improvement. However, giving up Dillon would be tough, since Anderson is your only other solid RB (I've never been a Pittman fan). With Fred Taylor's injury history, see if you could make a counter offer of Taylor or Pittman for Brooks (maybe even throw in Huntley to make the deal look better).
------------------
My DVD Collection

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
If I were you, I'd try and work a trade for Anderson. Terrell Davis has started to practice and is on track to come back November 4th. I think he will get his starting job back and Anderson will move back to being a backup.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

JeffDemum

Stunt Coordinator
Dean to answer your question about Dillon he is on the bench because he has screwed me the last 2 weeks only scoring 3 & 6 pts . So i decided to sit him this week boy was that a big mistake i lost by 10pts , so he screws me no matter what i do with him :D .
I haven't accepted the trade yet so maybe i can try some other deals to get a QB . All i know for sure is my team sucks the only thing i have going for me is Rod Smith .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks