NFL 2k3 - My unstoppable defense and a question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Peake, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

I just started season 3 of my franchise with the Detroit Lions.

Season 1:
    - Rookie difficulty
    - 14-2 record
    - Superbowl champs

Season 2:
    - Pro difficulty
    - 12-4 record
    - Superbowl champs (beat the Patriots 5-0 in the big dance. FG + Safety, not the most interesting superbowl).

After season 2, a couple interesting things happened. First, I picked up Ray Lewis for a mere $6 mill a season for 5 years. Then I got a defensive tackle with a 90 rating (dont remember his name). Also, my existing ILB, Chris Claiborne, had his overall rating climb to 90. My defense is now amazing. In the first game in season 3 I had 3 INT's and 2 sacks agains a pretty strong Bears team.

So now I have Ray Lewis and Claiborne as 2 great ILB's. I really want to move Claiborne to OLB permanently, but cannot find any way to do it (other than subbing him out there "By Package" when each game starts....tedious). Is there any way to change a players position????

I am gonna go to All-Pro difficulty I think, and try it out. 12-4 on Pro was still a few too many wins for the Lions... With my new defense I could concievable go undefeated this year if I stick to pro :)

One more question, after you win the Superbowl a SportsCenter commercial plays. It was a difference commercial each time I won. Is there any way to access all the commercials, I think they are all pretty funny.

Jeff

2. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Well, considering that in my 2 Pro seasons I went 1-15 and 2-14, I have two questions for you:
    1) Do you give lessons?
    2) How much do you charge?
    [​IMG]
    No matter how much I play this game, I just don't get any better. And you did it with the Lions, to boot. Nice job!

3. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Maybe you could give the M&M (Millen & Mohrnigweg)boys some advice [​IMG]

4. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Man, I just picked up the game yesterday and I'm getting run all over the field. I'm getting stomped in my preseason games on Pro mode. Can't run. My recievers are dropping just about everything.
    Gotta say that I like the game though. [​IMG]
    Glen

5. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Glen, stick with it. You'll get it sooner or later. Running remains difficult, but is fair.

Start with Rookie mode. I did. After losing about 6 straight on Pro, I switched over to rookie and went 3-3 in my first 6 games. Then I won about 6 in a row before going back up to pro.

Stick with short passes to get the hang of it. Screens to your backs and slants work best for the newbie.

6. Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz Stunt Coordinator

I'm actually halfway through Season 2. In season 1 I won the super bowl (with Miami), and now I'm 6-1. Williams (running back) just had an 80 yard rushing play...it was sweet! I learned that if your opponent has a tough passing D, then you better rush more than pass. If your opponent has a strong rushing D, then pass, and if they are strong in both....be patient, and avoid long passes [​IMG]

7. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

In short play good football and win. Thats one of the reasons I like 2k3, you have to play real football not video game football and every play has a definite outcome on the game. I can't wait til live.