What's new

NFL 2K3 League (XBox) (1 Viewer)

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
Joel, I will try to contact Aljanei about your game. I hope everybody is getting ready for the season to begin Monday. I have a bad feeling we are going to have a few no shows.

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Doug! I'm sure once we start the enthusiasium will lift back up. The heat of competition will do that! :)

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
Redskins and Dolphins play Thurs at 7pm EST. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I'd also like to know if everyones getting started with thier games, the silence on the thread has got me wondering. GL to all,...except Keith of course!

Bruce Berti

Stunt Coordinator
I tried contacting my opponent to set up a time to no avail.
Thats too bad because my team is physically and mentally prepared.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Packers are playing the Saints tomorrow evening. Time to be confirmed. I'm ready to get going. :)
Glen

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
The Raiders and Steelers square off tomorrow night at 10 PM EST!
Bruce, who are you scheduled to face this week?
Also, EricP, are you planning on playing in this league? I have not heard back from you, and I need to know if I need to find someone else to be the Bengals.
I completed the rules and stat collection sheet, but I left them on my PC at work. (My company would be surprised at the things they pay me to do. :) ) If your game is tonight, just make sure you get all individual and team passing, rushing, and receiving stats, as well as interceptions and sacks on defense. As for the rules, not much changed since the last set of rules I sent out. I will send everybody the final rules, and the stat collection sheet tomorrow.

Chuck H

Agent
In what may have been the first completed game of the season (???), Da Bears overcame a 21-7 half time deficit to the Falcons to get the win 38-21. Marcus Robinson came up big with 147 yards recieving and 3 TD catches, Marty Booker added another recieving TD, and RW McQuarters help seal the win with a interception return for a TD. An amazing 50 yd field goal by Edinger( amazing because I suck at field goals and have no idea how it went in!:)) capped of the scoring.
It was a lot of fun and the young man who has the Falcons is a good guy. This was only my second time playing NFL 2k3 online and it was a good experience. Hope the rest of the season is just as fun. Look forward to hearing reports from around the league.
How do you want the Stats reported, through email or this thread? Let me know and I will get them to you.
Chuck

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
The Saints and the Packers just had an incredible game.

Both teams traded TD's early, but the Packers got a slight advantage and were up 21-17 at the half. After a very defensive 3rd quarter where both teams traded punts(and Brett Favre was knocked out for 2 series), New Orleans went on a long drive and went up 24-21. The Packers got Favre back into the game and proceeded to turn the ball over around their own 30 yard line. Nate Wayne picked off a pass and gave the Packers another chance from their own 16 yard line. Favre led the Packers down field and threw a 1 yard TD pass to David Martin with :19 seconds left in the game, and the Packers held on for the win.

After one divergence error, we never really ran into any other problems with the game. I think we both had a good time as the game was in doubt throughout the whole game.

My only question is are we supposed to keep stats for both teams or just for our own team? I wrote down both, just to be sure.

Hope the rest of you have as much fun as I did in my opening week.

Talk to you soon,

Glen

Howie D

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent game Glen. Thought I could hold you on the goalline but my Saints D couldn't hang in there. Don't know if your headset was working or mine wasn't but I tried talking to you throughout the game.

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
The Raiders and Steelers faced off today in Pittsburgh.

The game started out as a defensive showdown. Both teams were trading punts early. A particularly nice Raiders punt put the Steelers inside their own 10 yard line. On second down of that series, Gerald Dixon forced a Kordell Stewart fumble, which Greg Biekert recovered inside the five. That led to a Tim Brown TD reception, which would be the only score of the first quarter. The Raiders mounted what appeared to be another scoring drive, only to be thwarted by a Chad Scott interception. Raiders up 7-0.

The second quarter was a totally different story. Five TD passes were thrown in the 2nd quarter alone, including 2 to Jerry Rice, which would be his only receptions of the day. This 5 minute aerial assault led to a 21-21 tie going into halftime.

The third quarter seemed to pick up where the second left off, with Tim Brown catching his second TD pass early in the half. But the defenses recovered, and that would stand as the only score of the period. Raiders lead 28-21.

Both teams rushing games were held silent through the first three quarters, but both emerged somewhat in the fourth. Charlie Garner rushed for 85 yards in the quarter, including a TD run that put the Raiders up 35-21. The game appeared to be in the bag, but Pittsburgh marched right down the field and scored a TD on a Hines Ward reception. Unfortunately for the Steelers, the ensuing onside kick was recovered by the Raiders, thus effectively ending the game. Final score, 35-28 Raiders.

Sorry for the long winded game description, just having a little fun with it. It was a very intense game, with the lead changing hands several times. This was probably the most enjoyable game of NFL 2K3 I have played yet. Thanks for the great game!

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Hey, I don't think a long winded description of a game is a bad thing. I think that will help keep up the interest in the league.

I'm hoping to actually do a better job logging my games, if people don't mind the posts.

Glen

Mike X

Stunt Coordinator
is this league up and running....I played my first week and submitted my stats, but cannot get in touch with this weeks opponent (Ravens)....also, not many people are posting games/scores, which leads me to think that most of the games have been abandoned.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
My big worry with the league is that since we're only playing one game per week, that interest will fade very rapidly.

When the season is looking to end in may... it's not a good sign. I'd bet most people will bail before then.

Glen

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I havent abandoned the league . Im going to get my week 1 and 2 games done later in the week. I just got back from vacation and between running Group Play, playing in a NHL league and the NFL league im trying to fit everything in

capt

Mike X

Stunt Coordinator
well, that's three of us anyway! I'm on vacation from Thursday to Monday this week so it looks like I won't get my game in this week (unless whomever has the Ravens steps up tonight or tomorrow night)....BTW, anyone up for a friendly game tonight around 10EST?

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Guys, I got rocked in my first game, and if that didn't dilute my enthusiasm for the league nothing will. Considering we have a long season to go, Doug will have plenty of time to refill team vacancies that might arise. But hopefully that's not even an issue. GL in week 2! And Mike X, I would have played if I saw your message in time. I'll add you to my friends list and keep an eye out for you online for future pick up games!

Chuck H

Agent
Week 2, Bears at the Saints, 8:00 pm Central time tonite. Check back this evening for a post game wrap-up...
Go Bears!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks